Cities XL $4.99, LE $6.24 on Steam

Didn't play this since beta either. Was thinking about going back to SimCity 4 buy doesn't hurt to try for $5.

It's good, I never played this one but I love Simcity 2k, 3k, and 4, and love this too. A steal, and there is another version with some free DLC or something and maybe more for 6.49 too that is the one I got.

If I remember correctly, this was a somewhat MMO-like game, where everybody with the game created cities in a virtual world and traded resources. Gamemaker Monte Cristo went bye-bye, but a solution was created to allow players to keep their cities and play in a solo mode. The license was then bought by a new company, who is developing the sequel.

I liked the beta, but refused to buy the game at release because of the recurring cost (which didn't cover a lot of the promised additions that never came). If you like city builders, for $5, you can't go wrong.

Not bad for a single player game. Slowed down and became unplayable after about 20 minutes, but I expected it (known memory leak...). Restarting the game solves the problem, but you should save often just in case it crashes or something.

it's a great game, way faster than Sim City.

but there's no voice for the characters; i hate reading long bubbles

For $5 it's not that bad. Yes there are said to be many unresolved, glaring bugs. But I have high hopes for the next Cities XL game so the future 50% off doesn't hurt.

For $5 it's not that bad. Yes there are said to be many unresolved, glaring bugs. But I have high hopes for the next Cities XL game so the future 50% off doesn't hurt.

I think the company that this went under, I doubt there will be a sequel :)

yeah looks like they fixed the bugs and are calling it cities xl 2011 instead of patching the previous version.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Pretty much. Kind of a shitty situation, but what can you expect anymore? It sucks for the people who paid full price for CitiesXL and never received the support they should have gotten.

Back