Cities XL

Javatango

Limp Gawd
Cities XL is on sale for $10 on Steam today. Looks like it was a buggy mess when first released and garnered mediocre reviews. Does anyone know if it has been patched and worth purchasing? The Simcity franchise really needs a refresh and Cities XL looks like the closest match.

The recent user reviews on MetaCritic are not promising. Although the game has 2011 in the title, it's a re-release with a lot of the same bugs from the original release. I'm passing on this game.

I played it about 8 months ago. Its alright, worth 10 bucks. Its nice if you enjoy simcity style games.

Wasn't the main draw of this game supposed to be the online community which doesn't exist anymore?

Sim City 4 Deluxe > Cities XL... but you can only play Sim City for so much before you get sick of it..

I just bought XL 2011 the other day and only got to spend about an hour with it. So far it seems decent, great amount of detail and the music is great. Been craving a city building game for the longest time and figured you can't go wrong with $10.

Back