class action lawsuit against ATi/nVidia?

RADEoN

Supreme [H]ardness
has anyone else gotten a letter in the mail about this? I can't see how anyone can file anti-trust against two companies? is anyone opting out?

Its actually an investigation by the US D.O.J. with fixing prices. This one is valid - nV and ATI deserve it.

ATI and NVIDIA were accused of price gouging or what ever some months back.

so in the end the lawyers will get millions and if you bough one of their cards, here is a $5 voucher towards your next [enter company your last card was here]

:)

ATI and NVIDIA were accused of price gouging or what ever some months back.

so in the end the lawyers will get millions and if you bough one of their cards, here is a $5 voucher towards your next [enter company your last card was here]

:)

Hey, 5 bucks is 5 bucks. Count me in.

It's only against ATI as NVIDIA does not sell video cards.

In order to be included in the lawsuit you would have had to bought cards directly from ATI (ati.com).

nVidia sets the MSRP. They are included.

MSRP is a "suggested" not a fixed price. :rolleyes:

Also they don't "manufacture" video cards. So that's 2 shots against them using Manufactures Suggested Retail Price.

So no, they are not included in this lawsuit.

It's only against ATI as NVIDIA does not sell video cards.

In order to be included in the lawsuit you would have had to bought cards directly from ATI (ati.com).

While my letter does say that it's only if you bought a card online (from shop.ati.com or nvidia.com) it also says that they are suing Nvidia, ATI and AMD.

Good, good, and good.

Prices for high performance cards are outrageous.

Over $500 on cards that can't even max some of the current games is a sham, plain and simple.

Back