Clean My Case..

D3DAiM

Limp Gawd
So I finished my mirror finish and put the final touches on my case with 3M Glaze and carnuba wax.

However, it seems the perforated aluminum on my Lian Li V2000 has some "gunk" (polish or wax) stuck and hardened in the holes. At an angle, you can see the gunk caught on the sides of the perforations.

Now, I have a method of cleaning with a toothpick and water, but I'm wondering if the carnuba wax and 3M glaze will wash off if I wash the case while cleaning with a toothpick..

needclean.jpg

Yes, but I'm asking if the wax and glaze will wash off..I really don't wanna do that all over again..

Just use water and be gentle about it. You've pretty much done an automotive finish including buffing compounds and wax and I'm not too concerned with the rain washing the wax of my car. I don't mind a bit using a little water on MY case and I've got the same (though probably not as NICE) mirror black paint job I did with the usual rattle can tutorials. Just use a bit of water and the toothpick and try not to mess with the rest of the case much, just focus on the offending buildup.

Just use water and be gentle about it. You've pretty much done an automotive finish including buffing compounds and wax and I'm not too concerned with the rain washing the wax of my car. I don't mind a bit using a little water on MY case and I've got the same (though probably not as NICE) mirror black paint job I did with the usual rattle can tutorials. Just use a bit of water and the toothpick and try not to mess with the rest of the case much, just focus on the offending buildup.
Right, sounds good. I will do that right now.

imaginary rep +

wow, that toothpick method is taking a very long time and is barely working..the water doesn't seem to cut through the polish and gunk well..

Well like I said, my finish doesn't rinse off my car so you kinda have to expect it to take some work to get the stuff off your case. Just be patient it'll come off but it doesn't make sense trying to get aggressive with it at the risk of ruining the finish on the whole piece.

Go get a water pick. ahah. Actually, it would probably work best.

Well like I said, my finish doesn't rinse off my car so you kinda have to expect it to take some work to get the stuff off your case. Just be patient it'll come off but it doesn't make sense trying to get aggressive with it at the risk of ruining the finish on the whole piece.
True, I suppose I will need to set apart some time for the task.

Its like a toothbrush, but instead its just a little thin focused beam of pulsating water. You can probably go to CVS or Wallgreens and they'd have one. I don't know how much it would be, but I picked up one a while back for under $20. It would definetly blast anything out of the little holes clean and clear. Water won't hurt the finish or take it off.
Here's a picture of a more expensive one..
95_1_b.JPG

omg, that's so cool, it would do the trick. The best thing I've got is a pressure washer hehe..

Back