Cleaning out a Laptop

xenotype

Gawd
Gentlemen (and women),

I have a Fujitsu N3530 Lifebook (sig) and its been having overheating issues lately. I used to be able to play FarCry all night long to my heart's content, and now, 45 minutes of heavy gaming will cause the laptop to shut off. After some analysis, its overheating.

I would gladly pay a company / service to disassemble it and clean out the inside, or is this such a simple task I could partake it myself? I have built all my own computers (non-laptops) from scratch, and am quite savvy, I am just unable to locate any sort of disassembly guide or manual on the web. If someone could find one I would be grateful. Or if anyone can recommend a company that would do this for a nominal fee, in southern california. I am unwilling to pay the shipping for the laptop to get this done, so it must be within driving distance.

A manual for taking apart an N3530 would be great, if one could be found. Thanks.

normally its not as complicated as it seems at first. if youre lucky they even labeled what screws do what, like hp does. just start pulling things apart until you get down to the cooling system... many times that is pretty much the whole laptop being disassembled... but its really nice when you get it all back together. itll run like a new machine without all that dust crammed in there.

easiest way to clean out a laptop without taking it apart is to remove the keyboard. that alone will usually free the internals of the unit to the open air, where you can then use compressed air pointed at the exhaust vents to blow dust out. a little advice from a veteran a+, apple, hp, lenovo, and toshiba certified tech.

Without taking a lot of stuff off; just by removing some of the bottom covers for the ram, hard drive, wireless card, and, depending on the laptop, the fan(s), you can get them fairly clean dust wise.

My Packard Bell laptop (Easynote M52) has got a disassembly guide available, as do other PB laptops. Basically one has to remove a few screws on the bottom side after which it can be completely taken apart. This seems to be the most common disassembly method for laptops these days :)

Back