Clockgen users, I need help!

dbaldus

Gawd
I'm running an ASUS A8V Deluxe mobo (BIOS rev 1017.02) with a 3500+ Newcastle core. I've been trying to increase my HTT by small increments (about 3 mhz at a time) but cannot get anything to happen.

In Clockgen, I have the correct PLL selected and it is reading my clock frequencies correctly (supposedly) but when I go to "PLL Control" and set the FSB up one notch and click "Apply Selection", it acts as if I clicked "Reset Selection" instead and all readings go back to their default values while the "Clock" readings stay exactly the same.

Any idea what's going on here? Makes it frustrating to find out my max FSB when I have to reboot every minute or two to check for stability while increasing the FSB a few mhz every time.

im new to overclocking as well, if i understand you correctly your trying to use software in windows, its best to just go into the bios and learn the settings. as far as i can tell overclocking does take alot of worki think i spent 2+ hours figureing out my max stability

Betatester said:
im new to overclocking as well, if i understand you correctly your trying to use software in windows, its best to just go into the bios and learn the settings. as far as i can tell overclocking does take alot of worki think i spent 2+ hours figureing out my max stability

Yes, you did understand me correctly. However, I am following Eclipse's guide to overclocking, and from his reputation, I think he knows what he's doing. I just started this thread because I PM'd him but he's on vacation for a week and I was hoping that maybe someone else would know what I was talking about.

Back