Clocks w/Ryzen Master not applying consistently

Riptide_NVN

2[H]4U
B350 Tomahawk 1.20 release BIOS
R7 1700

I had to run the batch file to turn on HPET. Rebooted. Applied 3500 clocks in Ryzen Master, increased the RAM slider to 1600, and increased vcore to 1.20.

The clock speed results don't make sense. Under load CPU-Z and Task Manager both show around 3.4GHz. When not under load CPU-Z continues to show the same clock speed but task manager drops back to 3.1GHz.

WTF?

Hmmm well figured out why the clock speeds are about 80-100mhz lower than what I'm setting with Ryzen Master. The bus speed bounces around in the low 98mhz range.

Not sure why or how that is happening. Whether it is a Tomahawk B350 issue or if others see this behavior with different model motherboards.

https://preview.************/i3eL5a/test.jpg

the bus speed thing is normal, all the boards bounce between 98 and 100 and none of them sit at a constant 100mhz.

That low though? I'm seeing other people who are under 100 but only just. 99.80MHz for instance.

Awesome.

If you have virtualization on in the BIOS you'll see this issue.

FYI if anyone else digs this thread up in the future with the same problem.

That low though? I'm seeing other people who are under 100 but only just. 99.80MHz for instance.

yeah some are that low but tend to fluctuate a lot. i'm sure it'll get cleaned up as more microcode and bios updates happen. but nice job figuring out what was causing your problem.

Back