Club OpterOWN 144-146 (CABNE) Unite!

Finally got my OEM Opteron 148 from Monarch. Looks like I got lucky and got a CABNE batch 245. No time to try it out yet, plus I'm waiting for my replacement Neo2 Platinum board (old one fried after a Bios update). Will post results when I get a chance.

CABNE_245.jpg

Also have 2 Opteron 144 retail boxed on order from DreamHardware that I ordered yesterday when they were still available. It was supposed to ship today. Should be here next week. Depending which one OC's the best I might have some a 148 or 144 for sale next week. :p

I also got a CABNE 148 oem batch 246 from monark it runs 2930 on stock volts im still testing

govtcheez said:
are you running prime95 at priority 10? It usually takes all the programs like MBM a while to catch up if you are. I'm guessing that you're not.
i find that the priority doesn't make a difference except for slowing down your computer

Here are some initial results from last night, The chip is still more stable than anything else. I am pushing the limits of my DFI in terms of HTT, and my memory stability. That said the below screenshot was taken with the stock Vid card speed of 450/1200, and running a 8 hour loop of 3dmark demos. I also played a good 2 hours of BF2 with these settings.. there is more in the chip, just no more in my Motherboard. (check out that 1M time :cool: )

For your enjoyment:

150-3.jpg

Gadfly, what temps are you seeing and what are you using for cooling? Your sig doesn't mention..

Does it still count if you have CABNE Opterons....but they're actually Opteron 254 socket 940s?

I am really tempted of that CABNE Chips? Could anyone help us me, though! Just PM me ok... want to know where to buy this kind of stuff i am in the far flung area... hope anyone could help me through PM, thanks!

on a K8WE?

HA? HA HA? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

There is no OCing option on the K8WE.

I hear nTune might be able to do it...but with the complete lack of voltage/FSB/etc. changes in the BIOS...I doubt it'll happen.

But I will keep ya informed ;)

Hey guys...quick question (just ignore if you want since I'm not in the club ;) ).

Anything special you need to do to get the Opty's to work in s939 boards? Bios flash? Beta bios? Just wondering because I'm going to be starting my own club the 165-170 club :D. Just want to make sure my board (Ultra-D with 623 bios) is ready to go.

worked for me with the stock bios in my dfi, 3-10 or something. crazy old :eek:
i'm using 7-04 2BTA right now, but i don't notice any difference from when i was using 6-23

(cf)Eclipse said:
worked for me with the stock bios in my dfi, 3-10 or something. crazy old :eek:
i'm using 7-04 2BTA right now, but i don't notice any difference from when i was using 6-23

3-10 didn't like the dual core when I went to an X2. I might give the 7-04 a shot. I've heard good things about it (or at least the OCZ Tony version).

oh, had a brain fart and didn't read the model number. i guess anything from 5-10 or newer should technically work :D

Aaron_ATX said:
My OEM 146 came in today from Monarch.

OSA146DAA5BN
CABGE 0534SPMW

my DFI crossfire mobo, si-120 and x1800xl arrived as well. Will post results tonight.

Just a quick update. The DFI board is a, well, I wont be rude but we'll just say it sucks balls at the moment.

Bought an abit board for now while the rdx200 gets sorted out *cough cough rma'd* and I am slowly clocking this opty cabbage up. Very light currently 250x9 @ 1.46v

I'll make another thread for us lowly cabbage owners once I get some results worth talking about out of it.

just thought you guys might wanna know. did a remount of the waterblock on my de-ihs'd opteron. load temps at 1.54v are ~40-42 now.. before i was doing ~50-54. definitly not bad. :D

Alright, Just finished reading all the pages in this thread so I thought i'd reply.

I just ordered my Opteron 144 socket 939 from TankGuys but for the board I was kinda limited since I have an X850XT PE AGP flavor video card, so I went with the Asus A8V K8T800 motherboard.

Once in the past I built a machine for a friend with a 3000+ venice in it and the same motherboard but my only issue with the board is that when I tried to drop the HTT multiplier the system wouldn't boot....is there any reason for this? Hopefully mine wont have the same issue.

0V3RC10CK3D said:
I just ordered my Opteron 144 socket 939 from TankGuys but for the board I was kinda limited since I have an X850XT PE AGP flavor video card, so I went with the Asus A8V K8T800 motherboard.
*slaps forehead*

sorry man, but i don't see many via based boards breaking ~270mhz, which is gonna limit you to ~2.4ghz with the 9x multi :(

heya, randomly messing with ma memory which i had runnin at 207mhz on divider before... just tried to get it up a bit before i change mobo... see what loose timings, higher bandwith and freq VS tight timings at closer to 200 would do... as you can imagine, not much at all except give varied millisecond times in super pi and higher sandra bandwith

2.9_166div_32m.jpg

looks like sfsilicon and landofoz got two subsequent cpu's! sf's looks like batch # 245 and landofoz said his was #246....that'll be interesting to see how similarly they clock

I just ordered a 146 with a Asrock 939 board... hope I didnt do anything stupid. (cf)Eclipse is very influential with his results... but I couldn't get myself to spend more on the DFI Lanparty (half the issue of $ and the other half is I have a nforce board and nvidia video card I want something different also could use the AGP slot for now)
I am hoping for cabne ;) and hoping posting here will be good for my luck haha

What would the Opteron's core's name be anyways? You know how S939 a64s have San Diego or Venice... what would opterons be?

Baron's OpterOWN has been stoled! :D

DSC00491.sized.jpg

I now own the original OpterOWN. It's like a piece of history.

Full Folding Ahead!

well this is my Opteron 144 CAB2E 0540FPMW

this is stock cooler with AS5. got a random reboot at 1.4v so i went to 1.45 but for some reason it reads 1.4v. hmm

yea so this was a part bump for this thread since i dont have a cabne.

Bah, this ticks me off...I bought a 146 for $210 shipped a couple weeks ago because I thought the overall quality would degrade soon. I got a CABYE 0536GPMW, which isn't horrible, but it isn't superb either.

Now I am seeing quite a few CAB2E's out. Not only do the cost less because of the price change, but they overclock much better and at lower voltages since they are FX57 cores. Argh.

Back