CM Cosmos 2 175 (refurb)

I have this beast of a case and I love it; as long as there are no serious cosmetic flaws its worth it.

This is a great deal and very tempting. I have the cosmos 1 and love it. It's massive so there's lots of room to work and great airflow. The swing door has gotten to be a bit annoying so the slide door on the 2 is appealing. Too bad I don't really think I'm doing a rebuild for another year. And by then, who knows what will be out.

Loved that case. They are ginormous. I had a 240 rad loop in mine, with triple SLI, and like 5 HDDs. Room for anything - and really quiet. Well worth it at 175.

I have to say, ordered my old 690 and my new stryker through refurb cm store and both came with everything and looked brand new. no scratches or dents

Great deal and very tempting, but I already own CM case sig Storm Sniper and don't see any reason to upgrade except that I want to and that Cosmos II is an awesome, awesome case. Not a good enough reason for me though.

Great deal and very tempting, but I already own CM case sig Storm Sniper and don't see any reason to upgrade except that I want to and that Cosmos II is an awesome, awesome case. Not a good enough reason for me though.

Another very happy Storm Sniper owner + big Cosmos fan here. When I bought my Sniper, the original Cosmos was the other case I was seriously considering. Then Newegg ran a sale on the Storm Sniper + Sentinel Advance mouse for $100 and I bit, hard.

The only reason I could see upgrading would be to water cool (seen the Enthoo Primo? *drool*), since the Sniper isn't very well set up to handle radiators from the factory.

Still love the looks of the Cosmos line, but cases in general these days are just too expensive. I figure I paid about $60 for the case/$40 for the mouse in my Sniper/Sentinel combo...and to get a case I'd consider an upgrade, I'm looking at $200+ cases.

That mouse sucks ass. I still have it in a box somewhere, nobody wanted to buy it on ebay. :(

I'm a little late to this party and I'm not even sure if this deal is still on (looks like it's not), but anyone with experience with this case know if this can be carried by the handles on top? It looks sturdy enough but I was hoping to get confirmation. Can't find a definite answer anywhere. Also, are there screw holes on the bottom to install wheels?

Thanks

Not to be a killjoy.. but.. when I punched in my info for estimated shipping & tax to North Carolina, this is what came up..

Shipping Method - Price
-----------------------------------------
FedEx (Ground Home Delivery) - $56.19
UPS (Ground) - $56.45
UPS (3 Day Select) - $174.65
FedEx (FedEx Express Saver) - $199.51
UPS (2nd Day Air) - $259.73
FedEx (FedEx 2 Day) - $265.21
FedEx (Standard Overnight) - $348.92
UPS (Next Day Air) - $358.19

Shipping for Kyle in Dallas, TX is lower..

Shipping Method - Price
-----------------------------------------
FedEx (Ground Home Delivery) - $41.18
UPS (Ground) - $41.38
UPS (3 Day Select) - $137.24
FedEx (FedEx Express Saver) - $152.31
UPS (2nd Day Air) - $237.46
FedEx (FedEx 2 Day) - $242.49
FedEx (Standard Overnight) - $323.85
UPS (Next Day Air) - $329.68

Depending on where you live, your mileage is going to vary on this deal.. but it looks like the REAL price for this refurb is going to be somewhere north of $200, still not bad though especially if the case you receive looks brand new.

I'm a little late to this party and I'm not even sure if this deal is still on (looks like it's not), but anyone with experience with this case know if this can be carried by the handles on top? It looks sturdy enough but I was hoping to get confirmation. Can't find a definite answer anywhere. Also, are there screw holes on the bottom to install wheels?

Thanks

I can't say for sure as I have not physically seen the Cosmos 2 but I own the Cosmos 1 and have seen the Cosmos S. Both allow for it to be carried by the top or bottom handles. They are very sturdy. I took mine home every other weekend for 3 years while in college. Never had a problem.

I can't say for sure as I have not physically seen the Cosmos 2 but I own the Cosmos 1 and have seen the Cosmos S. Both allow for it to be carried by the top or bottom handles. They are very sturdy. I took mine home every other weekend for 3 years while in college. Never had a problem.

I really wish they made the Cosmos 2 in a mid tower. I like it a lot, but I just don't need something that enormous.

Back