CM690 vs Antec 900- who wins?

acee

Gawd
From these two cases, it seems both were created to support air cooling gaming cases. So in the end which case will win the battle if they were going heads up? Such as...

-air temp
-design
-noise
-cable management?

I have a feeling CM690 will be the best out of the antec 900.

I don't know if anything can really beat the 900 on the basis on air temp, but the noise is pretty bad unless all fans are on low, and as all 900 owners know the cable management is impossible without case fabrication, and design is just user preference, it's a toss up based on that criteria.

I don't know if anything can really beat the 900 on the basis on air temp, but the noise is pretty bad unless all fans are on low, and as all 900 owners know the cable management is impossible without case fabrication, and design is just user preference, it's a toss up based on that criteria.

I agree with this bought one over Christmas for a build it is not march and i no longer have it because it is a nightmare for cabling and it seems cramped.

my cm690 is an amazing cooler, i also think it looks a lot better that the 900. The cable managing is also excellent.

Yeah thats the reason why I'm planning to change my case.. the 900 is horrible with wire control. It's everywhere for me! even though I tied it up as much as I can and try to make it look neat. It still isn't as good as I want it to be. As for CM690. There seems to be a lot of room and with the extra side fan cooling, it seems to be better? maybe..

out of the box the Antec 900 is superior in cooling, but the CM690 is superior in everything else (cabling, depth, filters, HDD mounting etc...

Once you add your own fans to the CM690 its just the better case overall, and by some margin.

Hi,

I have an Antec 900. Yes it is cable management hell. Here is my case. I did some cutting and chopping to get it working with the cable management end. The 900 is not bottom based PSU friendly. It seems like the only PSUs that work with it are the earthwatt series or anything without a fan on the bottom of the PSU. However it is not done since I have not had the time to bring it over to my dad's garage for some of the final work I want to perform but do not have the resources here for the work.

Antec 900

If you are leaning towards the CM 690, Microcenter is running a special on the 690s with PSU. It might be something to look into.

CM 690 with PSU @ Microcenter

I like my 900 for the most part but I would consider a CM 690 as well if I had the opportunity to purchase one. From what I saw of the CM 690 it looks much easier to work with when it comes to cable management and overall working environment. Also check out the huge posting in the the cases forum on the 690. There is some info in that post that might help you make a decesion.

shaggy

I just bought an Antec 900 two weeks ago and while it is a bitch for wiring it does it's job for cooling. The latest revision has some holes for cables near the mobo. I was able to put my leftover PSU cables through it and out of the way. I have all the fans on loud and it doesn't really bother me because I usually have the volume on my speaker high enough to cover it, or I have headphones on and I can't hear it then either.

CM690. wire management is better, cooling is better. that's all it matters to me.. oh and also it's cheaper :D

Back