CNC 4 or DOW2 expansion

i was looking to buy one of the two today but i can't decide. i know people said that cnc 4 was bad, it does actually look cool to me. i do also know that you must be online to play the game too

on the other hand though, i never finished DOW 2 and i feel like that will mess up the story or something for me.

just trying to get some input from ppl here. lmk what you think

EDIT: Or even supcom2?

Last edited:
DOW II expansion is probably more worth it. I'm not sure how many people play sup com 2/cnc4 but DoW II has a pretty good player base.

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

As of this posting, DoW II vanilla has more players than sup com 2. Chaos Rising has even more than DoW II.

DoW2 Exp no contest

SC2 is a stinker as well. For the cost of SC2 or C&C4 you can get the DoW2 Exp and Supreme Commander Gold for the same price.

I'll not be picking up a 'must be on-line' for single player action game. Maybe for $5 next Christmas steam sale. Not a tier one purchase.

im downloading it now. figured i would give it a try. i really just want some kind of game while im holding off for the new strategy game from stardock

im getting cnc4 right now. i would like to finish the DOW 2 campaign first though. i heard the characters and levels carry over or something.

i know cnc4 is not an rts and all that stuff but hey...it looks interesting to me. and from what i have read on the forum im prob one of the few people that liked cnc3 ha. i will be getting the dow expansion also here soon. just need to finish the campain. i was almost done with it. i just have to find the usb stick with my save file on it

Dow 2 expansion by no comparison.

I want to try out SC2, but havne't picked it up yet, got c&c 4 today, hate the online to play... but had to get it to see how the "tiberium wars" ends....

im getting cnc4 right now. i would like to finish the DOW 2 campaign first though. i heard the characters and levels carry over or something.

i know cnc4 is not an rts and all that stuff but hey...it looks interesting to me. and from what i have read on the forum im prob one of the few people that liked cnc3 ha. i will be getting the dow expansion also here soon. just need to finish the campain. i was almost done with it. i just have to find the usb stick with my save file on it

There are many here that liked C&C3 or Red Alert 3. It's just that whenever the haters see specific games mentioned, they feel they must make their presence felt.

I haven't played C&C4 but have played the DoW 2 expansion and ir was a good addition. Would have been cool though if they added the Necron and Tau.

I pick up C&C4 today...

I have to say I have no problem with online requirement for now, at least..
and its actually not bad for such implementation.

overall, I say this game is so much different than DoWII, you can't really compare them.

C&C 4 is a lot more interesting, especially storyline... but the game play is a bit weird, still trying to get use to it.. nothing bad about it beside its totally different than the old style base building type, which probably provoke lots of fan and players. ( I was piss at beginning but starting to like it... )

It's like RA3 when it first came out lots of people flaming at it first then they start saying its better..
same goes to C&C3... weird huh?

PS: lots of people are online, way more than what I was expecting.. pretty interesting to see how many people who actually bought this game..

Back