CNC3 - Sound issues (Vista)

Toytown

Gawd
Hi

Im wondering if anybody else is having the same problems iam. After playing C&C3 for anytime between 5-30 minutes, the sound will start to crackle and hiss a lot, this gets worse and worse the longer i play, until eventually the sound disappears completely. I have to restart the game for it to be fixed.

I have tried all the patches and also updated my creative labs soundcard from the january beta drivers to the latest march drivers and still no luck. My friends who borrowed my game on xp, have no problems. Ive also tried turning high quality audio on/off in the game window, it made no difference.

My spec is below.
E6600
7800GT
2GB Ram
Audigy 2 ZS

Also, if i alt+tab and kill the cnc3.exe then all sound will be gone from vista, until i restart. Any attempt to play a mp3/wma will give an error in media player that the file cannot be played, any attempt to play wma's will give me a framerate of about 0.10 frames per second and no sound. I checked the eventlogs and no errors are being reported :(.

The sound in vista works perfect for viewing HD resolution movies/DVD's and for games such as Stalker/BF2/CSS/HL2/Oblivion.

i have this problem too but sometimes I'll get the crackling sometimes not; i think it's related to the Audigy card. When I try to gracefully exit the game when the sound goes out it hangs. I need to task-manager close it.

my specs:
-X2 3800+
-2x1gig ddr
-7800gt
-Audigy 2 ZS

Back