CoD Parody: Duty Calls

What I want to know is - WHY THE HELL they can waste time doing this, instead of giving PC gamers a demo?

Is it using the Bulletstorm version of the Unreal Engine?

What I want to know is - WHY THE HELL they can waste time doing this, instead of giving PC gamers a demo?

Sense of humor .. you are missing this.

Probably took them all but 20 minutes to make this

Plus a good marketing stunt if it gets popular.

Sense of humor .. you are missing this.

Nope, I didn't say it wasn't funny, just seems like a COLOSSAL waste of time - instead of giving PC gamers a demo they give us this. Had they released a PC demo for Bulletstorm, it would be funny, as it is, this is like insult to injury.

"Here PC gamers, we can't afford the time to give you a proper demo, but we can spend the time doing this parody game"

They didn't give the consoles a "proper" demo either. It was 8 minutes long

Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh

So they are ripping on COD when (from what I can tell) Bulletstorm is another Duke Nukem/Serious Sam clone?

it was probably something devs did for fun on the side whilst the game whilst being developed

i doubt they just made it then

*snort

Glad to see someone satirize Call of Duty. The franchise has been an absolute joke since COD4.

You will now refer to me as "Super Master Sergeant Sergeant of the Very Important Person Master stiltner" :p

So they are ripping on COD when (from what I can tell) Bulletstorm is another Duke Nukem/Serious Sam clone?

Another Duke Nukem/Serious Sam clone? Other than those two, there was...Shadow Warrior? Call of Duty has like 19 games in the series.

The point was, it didn't take them long to make a generic shooter clone for the laughs.

It's a funny game/demo alright.

What part of they satirizing though?

How lame the game play has been in every COD title that has been released since COD 4?

How boring and predictable every COD title that has been released since COD 4?

How we keep buying these POS games from Actvision while they laugh all the way to the bank?

*snort

Glad to see someone satirize Call of Duty. The franchise has been an absolute joke since COD4.

^
This.

Every moment in the video was a realistic view of how developers make these games. It's beyond retarded. Hence why I don't play COD games.

Another Duke Nukem/Serious Sam clone? Other than those two, there was...Shadow Warrior? Call of Duty has like 19 games in the series.

The point was, it didn't take them long to make a generic shooter clone for the laughs.

You just proved my point- rip on COD all you want but Bulletstorm is no different then another type of fps such as Shadow Warrior, Blood, Duke Nukem, Postal,Serious Sam etc... One could also make a parody video of fps shooters that try to be funny with over-the-top gore, humour, profanity and half naked chicks.

You just proved my point- rip on COD all you want but Bulletstorm is no different then another type of fps such as Shadow Warrior, Blood, Duke Nukem, Postal,Serious Sam etc... One could also make a parody video of fps shooters that try to be funny with over-the-top gore, humour, profanity and half naked chicks.

That type of game is already making fun of itself. You may not like or get the humor, but these guys were just having fun. I think the CoD guys can defend themselves, but they would look like tools doing so. This Bulletstorm ad campaign is likely to work well for PCF

There are a handful of this type of game, CoD-like games are a dime a dozen. It's like country music, there is a mathematical formula to make a hit song.

And I thought Bad Company 2's single player was funny.

I want real games like this. I'd love to see online multiplayer too.

I got a good laugh out of this. The rank-up classes were classic. All of this is true though and I'm glad someone see's it. Even if Bulletstorm is a "serious sam/duke clone" at least it's fucking refreshing from all the MW/Modern shooters we have these days there's so many. Everyone wants a piece of Activisions pie.

Bulletstorm
Brink
RAGE
Crysis 2

Looks to be a great year for shooters! I for one can't wait for any of them. I like BlackOps but it's probably my last CoD purchase and I'm looking forward to something new.

Hopefully Epic will give us a proper UT4 if things go right with BS on PC.

Nope, I didn't say it wasn't funny, just seems like a COLOSSAL waste of time - instead of giving PC gamers a demo they give us this. Had they released a PC demo for Bulletstorm, it would be funny, as it is, this is like insult to injury.

"Here PC gamers, we can't afford the time to give you a proper demo, but we can spend the time doing this parody game"

In Soviet Russua, Sense of Humour Laughs at you!

I think this is one of the most hilarious things ever made.

Showed my buddy who plays Black Ops all the time......didn't find it so funny.

I'm not so sure when it became the cool thing to hate on CoD non-stop, but I still think they are the best single player FPS made. They have amazing graphics, they stick with the tried and true game play that is fun, and the stories are epic and dramatic. So for the record, I think the CoD series is #1 by far.

Taken from shacknews

According to EA, Duty Calls features the following:

1. Duty Vision slows down the action so you can unload a storm of bullets
2. Immersive dialogue from the front lines
3. Cold, calculated realism
4. Killing animations motion captured from real actors
5. True-life reloading system allows for mistakes in putting the cartridge in the gun
6. Iconic sound effects
7. Thwart an enemy threat that could topple the country and possibly the world
8. Significant and historically accurate props

See if you can find the hidden message :D

Uhm . . worst parody I've seen in a while, seriously.

If you're going to make a parody please put more effort into it.

Back