CoD4 Install issues.

AMDXP

2[H]4U
Gets to about 94% install. Says it can't locate a map file. I tried cleaning the disc once and I am trying it again. If this doesn't work, should I just "borrow" the files and put in my cd key and disc when needed?

Because this is just frustrating. I'm trying right now to rip the image with alcohol 120. :(

Also, if my friend lends me his cod4 disc and I rip it. Can I split the .iso in two parts and install it fine via split in 2 parts?

Like insert disc 1 then disc 2 method? It's 6.34 GB why I ask. Alcohol is going about the same can't read DPM again. :(

Tried the toothpaste trick a few times... still asking for the map file. I can find it when i explore the disc, so i am not too sure.

:(

Odd... I just installed it on my old machine. It runs fine on my desktop too, just my laptop.

Perhaps it's an x64 vista thing? Because it runs fine on xp. :(

It installed once on my laptop before I reformatted, so I don't get it.

An old method that might work is to just straight copy the contents of the disc to your hard drive and run the installer from there. I used to have this same issue happen to me with Diablo 2, where it wouldn't find the file while running the installer from the cd, but it would find it when running from your hdd. This might be a little fast that making an iso of it. Sounds strange, but it might work.

An old method that might work is to just straight copy the contents of the disc to your hard drive and run the installer from there. I used to have this same issue happen to me with Diablo 2, where it wouldn't find the file while running the installer from the cd, but it would find it when running from your hdd. This might be a little fast that making an iso of it. Sounds strange, but it might work.

I tried that, earlier. :(

Thanks for your reply, though.

Just installed CoD4 last night on my sig rig and it rocks! CoD4 works fine on both Vista and 7 x64. Do you have a USB DVD drive to try with that lasptop?

Just installed CoD4 last night on my sig rig and it rocks! CoD4 works fine on both Vista and 7 x64. Do you have a USB DVD drive to try with that lasptop?

No, unless I can install it from a drive on my computer network.

:confused:

No, unless I can install it from a drive on my computer network.

:confused:
I've done that before...it also works with Wolfenstien
shiftyeyes.gif

I've done that before...it also works with Wolfenstien
shiftyeyes.gif

So, is this a common problem?

Wolfenstein was hard to install too on my laptop. Took me a few tries.

I've no idea why this happened. The disc looks fine in my eyes. :( I want it installed for when I go back to school. :(:(

WTF!? It installed over my network. :rolleyes:

I am so confused right now and frustrated.

That's strange, every OS I've had (32,64)bit have installed CoD4 just fine.

I think my notebook drive might not of getting enough reflective light in the eye?

Perhaps that was the reason, not sure. Oh well, it's installed and I saved a .iso of it to take with me up to school. :D

I've never had a problem installing Call of Duty 4. I've installed it and run it on Windows XP, Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, Windows Vista 32bit, Vista x64 and of course Windows 7 RC7100 and Windows 7 RTM without problems.

I've never had a problem installing Call of Duty 4. I've installed it and run it on Windows XP, Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, Windows Vista 32bit, Vista x64 and of course Windows 7 RC7100 and Windows 7 RTM without problems.

It has installed on my notebook fine before. As I said just above you was probably the reason. The Drive might be more sensitive and can't get past a tiny scratch. I see a small one on there.

Back