Cold Cathode COLORS Gallery

iha

Limp Gawd
I can't decide what color I want to get. So will people that have cold cathodes in their PC will you post and tell the color (and a link to the exact product if you can!) :D

Here's my blue cathodes + blue LED fans.. I got the cathodes and fans from xoxide.com or something quite some time ago.

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

And here's my brother's... UV, and UV+Red. (1st shot is UV only, 2nd is UV+red)

IMG_0176.jpg

IMG_0177.jpg

wow, that looks great, Wiretap.

jsut a quick question: How is this system running without the mobo-PSU connector and without a gfx card?

he could have on board graphics :p the mobo connector i don't know. :confused:

thanks for the guys that have posted. i realize i should probably have put this in the gallery section, but oh well.

newcomp02.JPG

Purple! I don't recall where I ordered from, but the fans and the dual 12" cathode kit are CoolerMaster.

Sarver - Haven't you done some of your wrapped CCFLs in purple, too? Any pics?

So, everyone, sarver has you covered if you want rainbows on your case :D teehee.

i kidd ....i kidd.

drizzt81 said:
wow, that looks great, Wiretap.

jsut a quick question: How is this system running without the mobo-PSU connector and without a gfx card?
oh.. lol. That was my brother's AM2 build I was doing for him. That was before it was done. No PSU or graphics card were in it. Its the MSI K9N Platinum SLI board for reference incase you were wondering. But since I had no power supply in the computer, I just branched a power connector splitter off my external HDD enclosure just to plug in the front panel fan controller and cathodes to see how everything looked. :D

Wiretap, I got that same gigabyte heatsink. Had it for over a year but finally replaced it. It never did get me very good temps on my xp-m. It looks good with all your blue lights though.

postalcop said:
Wiretap, I got that same gigabyte heatsink. Had it for over a year but finally replaced it. It never did get me very good temps on my xp-m. It looks good with all your blue lights though.
thanx for the comments about the lights.. and yea, that Gigabyte 3D heatsink fan doesn't get me very good temps either lol. I'm around 50-55c under load with it at 3000rpms. (3400+ clawhammer) But, I really don't care. Its been running fine since the day I bought it with zero heat related lock ups or anything, and it looks pretty cool to match my colors. Anyway, I'm keeping it because I'm not really going to spend extra money when I'm building a good gaming computer toward the end of July. This 3400+ clawhammer processor that is under the Gigabyte cooler is a tank though, lol. It can take the heat. I have a lot of other fans blowing on the thing with good airflow in my case. I have a 80mm fan blowing directly onto it with my air conditioning duct right next to the computer. My internal case temps are about 78F to 93F according to my temperature probes from my front panel device. Thats pretty good I guess considering how much crap I have crammed in this case. (Fans: 120mm front, 2x 80mm back, 80mm side)

looking good folks

I'm in the market for 12" UV cold cathodes and I'm wondering what the best brand name is and where you reccomend I buy them?

I had some blue Logysis cathodes that weren't too bad.

Let me know

thanks

err.. I've never really had too much luck with any cathodes I've purchased, and neither have any of my friends. I'd just recommend the really cheap ones for like $7 or less, then get the heavy duty aluminum inverter box if your inverter burns out. (which it probably will.. lol)

wiretap said:
err.. I've never really had too much luck with any cathodes I've purchased, and neither have any of my friends. I'd just recommend the really cheap ones for like $7 or less, then get the heavy duty aluminum inverter box if your inverter burns out. (which it probably will.. lol)
sounds like a plan

maverick777 said:
Get the Sunbeam Chameleon LED kit instead. It lets you change it to whatever color you want (any combination of red, green, and blue ie red and blue make purple). Here's a pic of what it looks like in my rig.

Blue
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/mluu83/BlueLights.jpg
Green
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/mluu83/GreenLights.jpg

(Sorry to thread hijack for a minute),

@iha: I had/have the same dilemma, so I went with the Chameleon kit.

Thanks for the pics. I have a Chameleon kit, but I have not installed it yet (I ordered it around New Year's, and finally have some free time now in the summer).

It seems they don't give off too much light, but they give just enough to create a nice accent/ "highlights".

I think I might just have to go with White cathods for the clean look and UV for the glow at night

Sorry to hijack, but I have a noob question (may even be stupid).

If I buy a colored cold cathode (let's say blue) and then buy UV sensitive cables and fans, will they "light up?" Or do I have to buy a UV cathode?

Is there such thing as a blue UV cathode?

Psyc said:
Sorry to hijack, but I have a noob question (may even be stupid).

If I buy a colored cold cathode (let's say blue) and then buy UV sensitive cables and fans, will they "light up?" Or do I have to buy a UV cathode?

Is there such thing as a blue UV cathode?

no, UV light is UV light, you'll need to buy both a UV CC and a Blue CC if you want that combination

I ordered two white cold cathodes and two UV cold cathodes last night from Petra's tech shop. Should be here before the weekend :)

Blue is way too common, I need to replace the blue LEDs in my case with white ones :rolleyes:

When I first lit my case up about a year and a half ago, not that many people had them... Now everyone and my little brother does...

I would reccommend going with UV cathodes with another color to accent them. That way you get the awesome UV glow and accent lighting at the same time.

(off-topic:) Where is the cheapest place to buy cathodes right now?

synaps3 said:
Blue is way too common, I need to replace the blue LEDs in my case with white ones :rolleyes:

When I first lit my case up about a year and a half ago, not that many people had them... Now everyone and my little brother does...

I would reccommend going with UV cathodes with another color to accent them. That way you get the awesome UV glow and accent lighting at the same time.

(off-topic:) Where is the cheapest place to buy cathodes right now?
My PC is watercooled and I used swiftech Hydrx so my water is green and UV reactive. I didn't want green lighting so I got White cathodes to brighten things up and UV cathodes so the coolant will glow along with my DFI mobo.

As for buying cathodes, they're pretty cheap everywhere. I like to support the little guy http://www.petrastechshop.com/ so I suggest you buy from there.

Back