Cold Cathodes are UV Lighting right?

a regular uv cold cathode fl would be uv lighting. ;) Any other cold cathode fl then not so much so.

UV Purple is the only one that will make them glow as described.

All others just show their colors and nothing more.

And it HAS to be UV to work..There are NON-UV purple CC tubes available.

RobotChild said:
Has to be UV Purple? How gay.

well why do you think they call it ultraVIOLET. also it isnt UV purple. UV just has a purplish tint by nature.

RobotChild said:
They're not. I just don't like purple.

Would a UV Blue light them up at all?
Like sn said, it's called ultraVIOLET for a reason. Sure, blue will light them up, as will any other color, but they won't flouresce like the will under ultraviolet light.

What you will find with UV lighting though is this: If you can't see the CCFL tubes themselves, you won't see a whole lot of the purplish light, you just see the effects it has on anything UV reactive.

I wouldn't bother anyway, they don't hardly light up, and get an X2, its a better power supply, the X-connects suck, ultra made them before it got its shit together.

AdamNesvick said:
I wouldn't bother anyway, they don't hardly light up, and get an X2, its a better power supply, the X-connects suck, ultra made them before it got its shit together.
Yeah, I was just looking at reviews on it. Apparently the cables are -super- stiff. I was getting it for better cable management, I can't have stiff cables.

I also found this deal - http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2215103&Tab=0&NoMapp=0

I've been eyeing up that case along with some others. I think I'm gonna get that deal.

Back