Cold PSU be the problem for 2x R9280x???

jalbs

n00b
I have a 3.5 year old Antec CP-1000 psu and using my rig for mining. The display will crash when I have 2 instances of cgminer running and I have tried everything to get it stable, driver versions, fresh install, swapping card slots. To lower power consumption tried 1 stick of memory, lowered clocks on CPU/voltage, unplugged fans...etc

- Both cards will run fine for a couple days. Then I can't get them to run more than 5min without 1 crashing. It will artifact and sometimes freeze.

- Running one card for mining works fine

- I usually undervolt them to 1.37v-1.5v since they run hot and core 1090 mem 1500. But they have same problem at 1.2v.

- Is there any easy way to tell if PSU is the problem? The two rails I am using for the video cards are 30a each.

This is driving me nuts!

Why 2 instances of cgminer for the same card type? You should just use 1 instance with seperate settings in your configuration file for each card.

On one mining rig I have 280x & 5870 cards mixed and there I have to run 2 instances because of global settings, but it's tricky to run because other settings crossover between instances and you need a specific sequence so as to not crash the other cards which is probably what is happening in your case.

If they are the same cards, just run 1 instance, it's much easier.

Sorry wasn't clear it actually crashes using 1 instance or 2 but I guess I can do some more testing just 1 instance thanks.

Can you run firestrike in cf ok? 3Dmark should push your cards as hard as mining. If it crashes then check hardware (after reinstalling drivers). If it doesn't crash then it's probably cgminer settings.

Back