Colin Mcrae:DiRT, how well does it run on your rig?

the gamer

[H]ard|Gawd
I have everything on High, with 2xAA, and I get 35fps+ on Single Rally events, though when playing with other AI's on screen the game is totally unplayable, is this just my CPU being a major bottleneck for the GTX or is the game just a resource hog?

Using V1.2 Patch too.

It certainly doesn't feel like the most optimized game. You didn't mention the resolution that you are running the game at. It ran OK on my rig at 1920x1200 but it's smoother at lower resolutions. It really needs AA to look it's best and my machine stuggles at 1920x1200 with AA enabled. I'm not all that thrilled with the game anyway, I liked it at first but for some reason I keep going back to TOCA 3 and GTR2.

search around for Dirt sound tweaks. There is a tweak to remove AI engine sounds in the races with AI. With that I can run it pretty consistantly at 30-35 at 1440x900, everything but shadows high(shadows medium).

There is also an HDR removal tool, which actually makes it looks abit better, since you're not blinded half the race, ad speeds it up nicely.

So it's not your rig, it's just unoptimized, go play the 360 version and you'll see the same thing and appears to be running at medium. The PS3 version is looking nice though.

Runs ok @ 1680x1050 maxed w/ no AA....I stopped playing because its almost impossible towards the end with my current controller....feels like im driving on ice or something.

I used the HDR Removal tool, makes the game look ugly no performance boost also, lowered the shadow settings to medium, no performance boost in career mode what so ever :(.

Only thing I left on was the no intro fix.

Back