Compact ATX Case

Hey guys, college is coming up and I need a new case to replace my heavy p180b. The case needs to be able to fit an ATX motherboard and it needs to be light and somewhat compact. Anyone have any suggestions?

Another vote for A05B. Great case with typical (top notch) Lian Li build quality.

hmm I see. I checked the case out on newegg and it does look pretty small. However it also looks a bit out of proportion. It's almost as deep as my P180 yet it's a whole 6 inches shorter, does it look weird in real life?

hmm I see. I checked the case out on newegg and it does look pretty small. However it also looks a bit out of proportion. It's almost as deep as my P180 yet it's a whole 6 inches shorter, does it look weird in real life?

Its a beauty.

DSC_8543.jpg

TBH, if you find yourself not needing a ton of PCI slots, might as well get usb versions of the lesser needed cards and go microATX, tis what I did.

A05b if on a budget for sure, if your willing to spend more then look at the brand new Lian Li X500. its taller but its also quite abit shorter, perfect for the short depth college desks.

X500 23"(H) x 9"(W) x 14.9"(D)
X05 15"(H) x 8.26''(W) x 19.3''(D)
P180 21.3"(H) x 8.1"(W) x 19.9"(D)

guess it all comes down to whether or not you need/want to save space in depth or height.

A05b if on a budget for sure, if your willing to spend more then look at the brand new Lian Li X500. its taller but its also quite abit shorter, perfect for the short depth college desks.

X500 23"(H) x 9"(W) x 14.9"(D)
X05 15"(H) x 8.26''(W) x 19.3''(D)
P180 21.3"(H) x 8.1"(W) x 19.9"(D)

guess it all comes down to whether or not you need/want to save space in depth or height.

LOL, the price might make a difference too, considering you can get 4 A05s for the price of the X500.

How about the Chenming 301? It's certainly smaller than most mid towers, and it's really really cheap, which is a huge plus for me, cause I won't feel as guilty when I completely screw up my mod :).

Anyone here have this case?

Back