Compaq Presario?

Kathy

Limp Gawd
I'm trying to help a friend work on her computer and we need to get into the Bios but we're not sure how, what key do we use at boot? I've tried delete, F10, F2 and F12. Any suggestions? Thanks! :)

Kathy

Don't older Compaqs require a software to change system settings? Check the Comcrap website for a download.

Codegen said:
Don't older Compaqs require a software to change system settings? Check the Comcrap website for a download.

That would be my luck and she doesn't have any of her software. Oh well, I told her it was junk anyway and not to bother with it, but it's her first computer and she's really excited about it. Thanks and I'll see what I can find on there web site, appreciate the info! :)

Kathy

Kathy said:
That would be my luck and she doesn't have any of her software. Oh well, I told her it was junk anyway and not to bother with it, but it's her first computer and she's really excited about it. Thanks and I'll see what I can find on there web site, appreciate the info! :)

Kathy

Yeah, I believe it was called a softpaq

yeah i think on some of the really older beige compaq's the bios info was on the hardddrive, i remember having to use a utility to copy the info to a new hdd when you wanted to replace the harddrive.

Back