Compatibility issues

jubei

Limp Gawd
ok, sorry about the length here, but i was wondering if all of this is compatible...I haven't built a PC since 486 was top of the line, so I haven't kept up to date with things and a lot of what I used to know is gone...Anyway...here it is...

LOGISYS Blue PHANTOM ATX Mid Tower Case With 480W PSU & ENGRAVING ACRYLIC LED LIT-UP WINDOW, Model "CS601BL" -RETAIL
Specifications:
Case Type: Mid Tower
Color: Blue
Material: Steel
Drive Bays: 5.25" x 4/0, 3.5" x 2/4 (external/internal)
Expansion Slots: 7
Front Ports: 2 x USB2.0, 2 x audio
Power Supply: 480W
Cooling System: 1 x 120mm rear fan, 1 x 80mm side clear fan
Motherboard Compatibility: ATX 12" x 9.5"
Dimensions: 7.9" x 17.3" x 19.8"(WxHxD)
Features: Special Designed Shutter Style Air Exit for better and silent performance

MSI "875P NEO-FISR" i875P Chipset Motherboard for Intel Socket 478 CPU -RETAIL
Specifications:
Supported CPU: Intel Pentium 4(HT)/Celeron Processors
Chipset: Intel 875P + ICH5R
FSB: 800/533MHz
RAM: 4x DIMM for Dual-Channel DDR400/333/266 Max 4GB
IDE: 2x ATA 100 up to 4 Devices
Slots: 1x AGP 4X/8X, 5x PCI
Ports: 2xPS/2,1xCOM,1xLPT,8xUSB2.0(Rear 4),SPDIF Out,3xIEEE1394(Rear 2),1xLAN,Audio Ports
Onboard Audio: Realtek ALC850 8-Channel Codec
Onboard LAN: Intel 82547EI CSA Gigabit Ethernet
Onboard SATA/RAID: 2x Serial ATA, RAID 0/1
Form Factor: ATX

Intel Pentium 4/ 3.0E GHz 800MHz FSB, 1MB L2 Cache, Hyper Threading Technology - Retail
Specifications:
Model: Intel Pentium 4 w/ Hyper Threading
Core: Prescott
Operating Frequency: 3.0GHz
FSB: 800MHz
Cache: L1/12K+16K; L2/1MB
Voltage: 1.25V - 1.525V
Process: 0.09Micron
Socket: Socket 478
Multimedia Instruction: MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3
Warranty: 3-year MFG
Packaging: Retail box (with Heatsink and Fan)

Crucial Ballistix 184-Pin 512MB DDR PC-3200 - Retail
Specifications:
Manufacturer: Crucial
Speed: DDR400(PC3200)
Type: 184-Pin DDR SDRAM
Error Checking: Non-ECC
Registered/Unbuffered: Unbuffered
Cas Latency: 2
Support Voltage: 2.8V
Organization: 64M x 64 -Bit
Warranty: Lifetime

Seagate 80GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive, Model ST380013AS, OEM
Specifications:
Capacity: 80GB
Average Seek Time: 8.5 ms
Buffer: 8MB
Rotational Speed: 7200 RPM
Interface: Serial ATA
Features: 3D Defense System
Manufacturer Warranty: 5 year
Packaging: OEM, Requires additional Power adapter

Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop -RETAIL
Specifications:
Interface: USB/ PS/2
Number Of Keys: 102 keys + 17 function keys
Wireless Technology: Yes
Palm Rest: Integrated
Mouse included: Yes
Features: Enhanced F Key Functionality, Multimedia Center, Sleep and Log Off Hot Keys, Longer Battery Life

Samsung DVD±RW, Model TS-H542A/WBCH Black, OEM
Specifications:
Write Speed: 12X DVD+R, 4X DVD+RW, 8X DVD-R, 4X DVD-RW, 40X CD-R, 24X CD-RW
Read Speed: 40X CD-ROM, 12X DVD-ROM
Interface: ATAPI / E-IDE
Buffer: 2MB
OS Support: Windows XP/ 2000/ ME/ 98SE
Features: Buffer Under Run Free Technology
Packaging: OEM

Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS GAMER Limited Edition PCI Sound Card, Model "SB0350" -RETAIL
Specifications:
Channels: 7.1
Max Sampling Rate: 192kHz
Signal-Noise Ratio: 108dB(SNR)
Hardware Decode: Dolby Digital EX, DTS-EX
Digital Audio: 24-bit
PC Interface: PCI
Connectors: Line-In/Out, Firewire(IEEE1394), Mic-In, MIDI, Analog/Digital CD Audio in(See Details)
External Box: N/A
Remote Control: N/A
Special Features: DVD-Audio, THX Certified, EAX Advanced HD

I also already have an ATI Radeon 9800 SE 128MB 256bit video card which is AGP...any suggestions are completely welcome and encouraged. I just want to get rid of this nasty celeron I have and I actually have the cash now, so...thanks in advance.

Nice set-up but the HD is small for about 30 bucks more you can have a 120 or even a 160 upgrade from the same company/speed/connection everything. Think about the AMD Athlon, not only is it cheaper but it often outpeforms the P4. Everything else is peachy.

I was mainly going to use it as a multi-media machine rather than gaming...although I would like to at least play Doom 3 a bit just for nostalgia reasons. BTW I was putting 2 512 RAM chips in that not just the one. So how much better/cheaper would AMD cost, and what would be the equivilant to the p4 3.0mhz? Thanks again.

Oh yeah, this is the current price $ 1,076.49. Just an idiot who wants a good deal, hehe.

You're not an idiot, you asked the right questions :). About the price, it should about $10-$20 cheaper than your current set-up (use the money to better your HD) but also 5-10 percent faster in gaming. Also, when you upgrade to Win XP 64, there will be a whopping performance jump.

I went shoping again and saw that the highest clock speed on the AMD is 3.2 (or else i just missed something) If it is at all possible, you think you or somebody could go to newegg and find a processor/mobo that is comperable to the setup i have now?

The highest clock speed for the Athlon 64 754 is 3700+ for the 939 is 3800+ (or the FX-53). As for the mobo, DFI is releasing a lanparty board that is suppost to be the world's fastest 754 mobo, it should released sometime during this week. But the very best next board would be the ASUS K8N-E Deluxe.

So to summarize, the Athlon 64 3000+ gives the best deal
and for the mobo the ASUS K8N-E Deluxe provides the best stability

Everything should work fine

Nice! Thanks a lot man. You just made this process about 20x less stressful. Got both of those recomendations on the cart, upped to a 120gb SATA seagate HD and saved around 30 bucks, hehe. Now I have to push myself to click the buy button, hehe. THanks, man.

You might want to swap out that PSU that comes with your case and get a good brand like antec or enermax.

Other then that you are all good to go.

Back