Complete Gaming Build for ~$1,000

SEALTeamSix

2[H]4U
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
FPS Gaming - COD:MW2, BF:BC2 when it comes out, L4D2

2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
Up to $1,000 shipped, although cheaper is good too. I'm looking for the best value for my money.

3) Where do you live?
New Jersey, USA

4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. Please be very specific.
I need a whole new box (CPU, HSF, mobo, RAM, GPU, PSU, case, cables / misc bits), as well as a ~24" monitor and basic 2.1 speaker setup

5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
Keyboard and Mouse

6) Will you be overclocking?
Yes

7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
I plan on a 1920x1200 monitor, 23-24" or higher

8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
Within 1 month

9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? etc.
I just need a reasonable overclocker at a good price. I don't need multi-GPU, RAID, etc.

10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license?
Yes.

If this complete build includes a 24" monitor with speakers than... you looking at a Phenom II X3 720 build.

If this complete build includes a 24" monitor with speakers than... you looking at a Phenom II X3 720 build.

I was thinking of getting in on some of the current [H]ot|Deals - something along these lines:

i5+mobo - $200
4890 $150
case + PSU (Sonata 3 + Earthwatts 500w) $100
23" monitor $150
HDD (500gb single platter) $70
DVD $30
Speakers $50
RAM (2x2gb DDR3) $100
-----
$850

Prices are rough guesses, but you get the idea...

Further thoughts?

For a $1000 budget you want to go phenom II x3 as going the intel way will cost you around $100 for similar gaming performance.

You might like my soon to be build (wishlist) listed here:
http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=12490972

Its a probably $1,200 once you count Shipping but you can easily drop this to $1,000 if you drop a bunch of my "extra stuff" as they are for overclocking and extra convenience.
(ie. Mugen2, extra 120x25mm case fans, extra 120x38mm hsf fan, thermal paste, $50 mechanical keyboard, and Sunbeam fan controller)

I was thinking of getting in on some of the current [H]ot|Deals - something along these lines:

i5+mobo - $200
4890 $150
case + PSU (Sonata 3 + Earthwatts 500w) $100
23" monitor $150
HDD (500gb single platter) $70
DVD $30
Speakers $50
RAM (2x2gb DDR3) $100
-----
$850

Prices are rough guesses, but you get the idea...

Further thoughts?

If you can actually get those parts (except for the HDD: That's a rip-off) at those prices right now while those deals are active, looks good to me. Just get in on the deals you can now and then post back with what parts you still need and how much of your budget is left.

And I'd make sure its a Samsung F3 single platter... I'm losing my faith in the cuda.12's.

Back