Complete my new setup!

LyL18

Limp Gawd
First, the goodies... I just submitted my orders to Petras and Jab-tech for my first WC setup. Here's what I got:
Code:
[u]Petras[/u]
CPU: D-tek FuZioN v2(w/ 1/2" barbs)
Fans: Yate Loon D12SM-12 (2x)
Pump: Laing DDC-3.1/Swiftech MCP350
Tubing: Masterkleer 3/8" ID (5/8" OD)

Misc: PT Nuke, Arctic Cooling MX-2, 12" White cathodes

[u]Jab-Tech[/u]
Radiator: Swiftech MCR220-QP (w/ 1/2" barbs)
Resivour: Swiftech Micro Res

Pump Misc: XSPC Laing DDC Top

Background info
-I will be adding GPU and probably NB blocks later
-Planning on cooling an overclocked E8400 on an Abit IP35 Pro
-Will be used in a Lian Li V1000B-PLUS II. Radiator mounted at top of case

My Concerns+Questions
1) Fittings: I ordered 1/2" barbs on everything that let me (cpu+rad); I know the Micro res comes with plastic ones, I plan on swapping them with a pair of metal ones. Will i need a pair for the pump as well... I think it comes with 3/8" barbs? If so, would you suggest any particular 1/2" barbs or are they basically all the same? (http://www.petrastechshop.com/laddc1mcin12.html)

2) Compression Fittings: My assumption is that these replace barbs+clamps? Would you suggest using these?

3) My pump choice: I opted for the quieter MCP350 over the MCP355. I will be using the XSPC top. Will this be enough pump even after I add a few more blocks? Whats a good way to gauge how well your pump is performing?

4) Coolant: I planned on using some deionized water I can get from work with some of the PT Nuke from Petra's. Sound good?

5) Fans: I got the Yate Loon's from Petra's. Is this a good Fan/Rad match?

Thats all i have for right now... Any advice/criticism is welcome... ie "You should gotten this..."

Expect a worklog for my case, new WC loop, new hardware!

If you plan to cool more than the CPU I would have gone with a triple rad. The MCP655 would also work better IMO and is very quiet.

Masterkleer 3/8" is a bitch to get onto 1/2" barbs.

My .02$

If you plan to cool more than the CPU I would have gone with a triple rad. The MCP655 would also work better IMO and is very quiet.

Masterkleer 3/8" is a bitch to get onto 1/2" barbs.

My .02$
I was going to go w/ a tripple radiator, however it didnt like how it would fit at the top of my case (V1000). I will probably add a single 120 radiator to the bottom of my case, and maybe get a MCP655 once i add another block or two.

I think i am fine with the MCP350 for now, plus I know i will be able to find use for it/sell it if i get the 655.

Yeah.. i hear the tubing is very hard to get on... not really looking forward to it. Hopefully i can warm it up enough that it will bend a little. Maybe ill spend a bunch of money on compression fittings? :p

I put the tubing ends in hot distilled water for about a minute, it helped a lot.

Uhm, the masterkleer has an ID of 7/16 does it not?

Yes it does. Still tight though. :)

Would you suggest the Dtek Pro-Mount set?

Personal preference really. It didn't cost that much and it's supposed to stiffen the mobo after the block is mounted.

meh, im going to try it first. ive heard mixed opinions (as usual)

Dude its tough enough to get 7/16 over 1/2 barbs, 3/8 is really going to suck. Instead of ordering new barbs though, i'd order the 7/16 tubing over the 1/2 barbs as I like the feeling of knowing it has a solid seal.

Dude its tough enough to get 7/16 over 1/2 barbs, 3/8 is really going to suck. Instead of ordering new barbs though, i'd order the 7/16 tubing over the 1/2 barbs as I like the feeling of knowing it has a solid seal.
thanks for the advice... ill most likely do that if i cant get it.

Back