Completely Passive 6800U! Inexpensive!

ScHpAnKy

2[H]4U

[ click image for bigger picture ]

Hi all, I'm going to be "upgrading" to X800XTPE soon because I'm inhereting a phase change system, and 6800's don't deep-freeze, so therefore I must sell my baby!

Information:
· Card is a XFX 6800GT that has been modded into a full-fledged XFX 6800 Ultra
· Any driver, game, benchmark WILL recognize it as a 6800 Ultra, this card is exactly identical to a 6800 Ultra in every way.
· If, at any time the card breaks, I will cover ANY expenses to RMA it and even go through the entire process for you or with you (whichever is more comfortable).
· Card is COMPLETELY passive, if you have ANY airflow pointed in it's direction it will continue to run at 390/1100,
but if you have proper case cooling you will see my clock speeds: link and quite possibly higher with more voltage or a better cooler, I don't have the cash to find out.
· The heatsinks for this card were installed very professionally, and are as tight as you can get, and the best part, it's DEAD SILENT since there is no fan at all on the card.

So how much am I letting this go for?

$400 or YOUR BEST OFFER!

I feel that this is justified, but I am DEFINATELY up for some price-play.
That's right, a 6800 Ultra for the price of a GT.
If you have any questions, PM me and I'll answer them appropriately.

My heat references
My ebay references

Also, e-mail and AIM are in my signature.
If you need another way to contact me, check out http://schpanky.tv

Anybody with $400 to spare should jump on this one. That's a good deal. Bump for some nice hardware.

If you have it OCed and flashed to a 6800ultra from a 6800GT, then you aren't able to RMA it at all, right?

I have the same heatpipe for my Gainward 5900XT. If you get the Zalman fan for the heatpipe (quiet fan), you should be able to get insane speeds. My 5900XT is running cool and stable at 435/914. Somebody buy this thing! :)

bubblethumper said:
FYI, the Asus Ultra bios doesn't have the deep freeze problem

I've got another one floating around that I'll have to try it out on, thanks for the heads up!

Kerri Ann said:
is that a zalman heat pipe?
yes ma'am

how in the world do u have that card "passivly cooled" unless airflow in ur case is controled by like 6 Vantec Tornados (which kinda defeates purpose of silent video card)... cuz my buddy fried his 6600GT with the same Zalman Passive cooler with less than 3 minutes of playing World of Warcraft...

Vapor1000 said:
how in the world do u have that card "passivly cooled" unless airflow in ur case is controled by like 6 Vantec Tornados (which kinda defeates purpose of silent video card)... cuz my buddy fried his 6600GT with the same Zalman Passive cooler with less than 3 minutes of playing World of Warcraft...

Dunno, it runs completely passive with excellent temps... I have a couple of 80mm in the front of my case if that matters at all.

Back