Completely screwed....

MatDef

Supreme [H]ardness
Well, I recently picked up a pair of beyerdynamic dt770's (80 ohm) and I have to say that I love them, but I do have one major problem.

Tonight the cable got wound around around my foot and as I was getting up I acidentally ripped it out of the x-fi port, snapping the metal plug in half. :eek:

So, what can I do? Is there anyway this can be repaired? I don't wanna buy another pair. :(

I'll post pics if anybody wants em.

How hard do you think it would be to cut the remnants of the old plug off, strip the insulation off the wires and then solder a new plug on? ;)

How hard do you think it would be to cut the remnants of the old plug off, strip the insulation off the wires and then solder a new plug on? ;)

Considering I don't have any of the required tools or knowledge, it'd be pretty hard. :(

Oh man, that must have really sucked.

If you can't fix them by yourself, you'll have to have someone else do it for you. Either find someone or ship the off to beyer for repair. No need to buy a brand new one, they will just fix it for you. Not sure if it's still under warranty. If not, it *probably* won't cost too much.
If you don't know anyone who's good at doing things like this, i'd shoot Beyerdynamic USA an e-mail.

Keep us posted.

If you not able to do it, you might be able to find someone to recable them for you. Wow, thats why i always keep the excess cable tied up. Sorry man that happen...hope you get them working again soon.

Oh man, that must have really sucked.

If you can't fix them by yourself, you'll have to have someone else do it for you. Either find someone or ship the off to beyer for repair. No need to buy a brand new one, they will just fix it for you. Not sure if it's still under warranty. If not, it *probably* won't cost too much.
If you don't know anyone who's good at doing things like this, i'd shoot Beyerdynamic USA an e-mail.

Keep us posted.

I got the phone number for the beyerdynamic usa branch, and I hope these things are still in warranty. I only bought them in november, but it was off ebay so I have no clue (they were new though). I really miss them already. :(

If not, I'll gladly pay to get them working again.

If you havent already...check out Head-fi.com forums. You will be able to find someone there who will recable them for you.

Not sure if it's still under warranty

How do you figure a manufacturers warranty covers damage caused by the end users negligence???? :rolleyes:

How do you figure a manufacturers warranty covers damage caused by the end users negligence???? :rolleyes:
I bet their policy doesn't cover such things as you pointed out...... but sometimes these big companies like beyer and sennheiser will do it anyways, especially if it's a cheap/quick fix.

Still, in either case he can send them back for paid repair. I'm interested to see what beyer quotes him for a price.

Back