Completing the package, help!

LyL18

Limp Gawd
Okay so I'm probably gonna build my first mATX system here soon, and got some ideas from just browsing about what I'm gonna get. I know its going to be s939, totally stumped on a motherboard, so I need some help there.

Heres what I got so far:
Aspire X-QPack Black
AMD Opteron s939 148
[I have everything else]

Now I'm not completly sold on the processor, but I'm pretty sure its what I want. I plan on OC'ing and I know its going off the market soon, so I wanted to get one while I can... (correct?) a co-worker of mine suggested it and raved about it, so I thought I'd take his word on it.

Like I said, I know nothing about mATX mobos', from what I'm seeing people like (and don't like) the Biostars and now I'm seeing stuff about MSIs. I currently have a MSI ATX and it's been working great for about 1yr+ so I'm sort of leaning toward that, but again mATX isn't my thing. I'd like a decent OC'ing board, nothing too extreme though.

Could you guys suggest me a nice board, and cooler that will fit the Qpack/mobo? As you can see, I need alot of help! any is greatly appreciated

Thanks a bunch,
Logan

why do you need the opteron? Could you not go with a 4000+ or dual core 4400 lor 3800.

Get a new PSU with your case...400-500watts modular is good (Ultra X2 is a good choice).

MSI is great...get that one

Best heatsink..oh i dunno, people like the zalman, i did watercooling from swiftech.

Steeeeve said:
why do you need the opteron? Could you not go with a 4000+ or dual core 4400 lor 3800.

Get a new PSU with your case...400-500watts modular is good (Ultra X2 is a good choice).

MSI is great...get that one

Best heatsink..oh i dunno, people like the zalman, i did watercooling from swiftech.

ill consider it. I have a OCZ Modstream, so im good there. thanks for the advice

I don't think the modstream will fit in the QPack.

If it is more than 5.5 inches deep things get tight, very tight.

PClark99 said:
I don't think the modstream will fit in the QPack.

If it is more than 5.5 inches deep things get tight, very tight.

Oh, ok, thanks for the heads up... Whats a good one that most people are using?

and after looking over it, i still think i like the opteron. from whati can tell its going to be the biggest bang for the buck.

Anyone else that can vouch for the Biostar?

Look at the Enermax Noistetaker 420W. It is the blue one.

It has short cables which is a huge plus in the case.

or if you want the 430 chipset, get the foxconn 6150/430 mobo, its currently the best oc'ing 430 board. voltage settings, dividers, fsb stable @ 275. if you have a 10x multi, 275 is plenty if you're on air cooling.

msi board may possibly oc better, but there haven't been any reviews that i've seen yet or user input on the forums.

qp20.jpg

the ocz does too fit ;)

Lite-On Drives are the way to go also, there about the shortest, That OCZ might fit in the case but you will be limited to the Drives you can use, some PSUs will only allow the use of one cd drive while other PSU you can use 2 cd-roms if there Lite-Ons or some of the other short drives.

i think the newer model lg's are short enough. just try it out, and if it doesnt fit flush with the front panel, you can always have it sticking out of the front a bit until a new one arrives. it'll still work.

Back