Compressing Video witch programe to get ?

AlphexHunter

Limp Gawd
hey guy's,

Well I am currently puthing all my VHS movies into DVD but I stubbled across a little programe. I recorded 2 and a half hour of a old family movie into my computer the movie ended up taking almost 5gig... Now I've heard about compressing video and stuff but am really not to familiar to it. I hear Divx does good stuff ... Can sommeon please put me in the right track to make this video way less bigger but with all the same image quality.

Oh and I do have Beyond TV if that make any difference...
Thanks

VSO ConvertXtodvd, best dvd program out their if you ask me, it will auto shrink whatever file size you have to whatever size of dvd you want to use either dvd9 or dvd5 aka dual layer dvds or just normal dvds.

magic program.

Nero Vision Express is also pretty good. It's about the easiest way I've seen for making a dvd, though the mac zealots would probably tell me that idvd is easier.

You can't use divx if you want to play the dvd back in a regular player though, it has to be mpeg2. You could try capturing the tape again but use a lower bitrate (BTV has several dvd-compatible presets.)

Back