Compression Fittings

Greetings all,

I'm in the process of building my first WC setup and I'm trying to make it out of as much stuff as possible from your typical hardware store.

One of my first idea's is that I want to build in a dranage system by using a T or Y splitter and an on/off valve. The ones that look to be the best quality are brass compression fittings; so my question is, what are your feelings on compression fittings? Is it something you would feel safe/comfortable using in your setup or is it something you would aviod at all costs?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Many Thanks,
Fallen Out

If your talking about what I think you are,I'm pretty sure they wont work with flexible tubing.

Compression fittings are made for thin wall hard tubing.

If your talking about what I think you are,I'm pretty sure they wont work with flexible tubing.

Compression fittings are made for thin wall hard tubing.

I'm talking about something along the lines of this Its a similar fitting style to what I used on my fridge to hook up the water line. Basically I want to try and hook something up with a "T" and a shutoff so I can make a dranage system in a specific way.

I'm talking about something along the lines of this Its a similar fitting style to what I used on my fridge to hook up the water line. Basically I want to try and hook something up with a "T" and a shutoff so I can make a dranage system in a specific way.

I've used one of those successfully. But, wow, the restriction is terrible.

How so? It looks like the barb insert would only drop the tube size by about a mm or less, (or am I missing something?)

It's listing 5/8" Compression T but I'm not sure it accepting 5/8"ID tube, most of this type of fitting only fit 1/4"ID tube or 3/8"ID perhaps is the max but I haven't seen one yet. That was the others talking about flow restriction.

Back