Compulie

AlwaysAngryGuy

Limp Gawd
So last weekend I ordered a Gainward 6800 Ultra from www.compucare.com

It was price at $400, so naturally, I jumped and didn't care how long i would have to wait. I got an email from them a few days later saying they didn't have any stock but could keep my order pending, I told them to do that.

Today, I call up to check the availability and they tell me they have 2 in stock pried at $580. I said "well, I ordered one last week from your website at $400", he says "Well, that was a wrong price and we have cancelled all those orders". He said they canceled something like 150 of these orders. He said I should have gotten an email about it which I didn't.

Anyway, to make a long conversation short, I got screwed out of my videocard and I've been waiting all this time for nothing. :mad:

AlwaysAngryGuy said:

It was price at $400, so naturally, I jumped and didn't care how long i would have to wait. I got an email from them a few days later saying they didn't have any stock but could keep my order pending, I told them to do that.

Today, I call up to check the availability and they tell me they have 2 in stock pried at $580. I said "well, I ordered one last week from your website at $400", he says "Well, that was a wrong price and we have cancelled all those orders". He said they canceled something like 150 of these orders. He said I should have gotten an email about it which I didn't.

Anyway, to make a long conversation short, I got screwed out of my videocard and I've been waiting all this time for nothing. :mad:

Bull shit.

AlwaysAngryGuy said:

Yeah well what are you gonna do about it? It's all about demand/supply. :)

This is nothing new. It happens with almost every new card release. I think many of these mom and pop joints do it on pupose to get towards the top on pricewatch.

Send a complaint to THEM with a link pointing to this thread. Tell them the [H]orde is watching how they treat their customers. And of course you can go HERE and rate them. (I know, as if they care. But someone might actually do research before they buy someday :rolleyes: )

It know it sucks to have your order cancelled like that, but it's pretty obvious that someone screwed up and priced them as GT's. If they had only sold a few, maybe they'd accept responsibility for their error and sell tham at cost, but not 150. And legally they cover their asses with their disclaimer : We are not responsible for typographical errors.

ToastyBoy said:
It know it sucks to have your order cancelled like that, but it's pretty obvious that someone screwed up and priced them as GT's. If they had only sold a few, maybe they'd accept responsibility for their error and sell tham at cost, but not 150. And legally they cover their asses with their disclaimer : We are not responsible for typographical errors.

this is a good point...that would be a very costly mistake for them to go through on.

Back