CompUSA Closure Naperville, IL 10% to 40% discount

roaringsx

Limp Gawd
It looks like the Naperville, IL store is closing and they are getting rid of everything they have in stock with a 10% to 40% Discount on everything.

Here is some discounts the I remember from last night when I was at the store.

All HD's 20% off
All Motherboards\Processors 20% off
All Video Cards 20% off
All Networking items 10 to 20% but the wireless stuff is 20%
All Printers 20% off
All tech toys (cables, fans, heat sinks, cpu sinks, you get the picture) 40% off
All PC's, Monitors, Laptops are 10 to 15% off
All TV's 20% off
All Videos, games 20 to 25%
All Accessories (Mouse, Keyboards, other) 30%
Software not major programs (Speak stuff, Drawing things like that) 30%
Software major range of 10 to 20%
Cell phone's and accessories up to 40%

Yeah i spent about an hour in the store just looking at discounts so that is all I can remember. Anyway I talked to one of the sales people and he said next week Sept. 14 the prices will be cut further down. He said that the TV's will go down another 10% along with PC stuff so if you get a chance check it out.

I will be visiting the store early next week so I will post an update.

That's worth the trip for me. Think I'll hit there this week and scope out the deals.

the one here in memphis is closing soon too, they haven't started their sales yet though...

I can't wait for the sales!

No you can not but if you want something we can work something out. Shoot me a pm and we will talk.

One of the stores near San Francisco closed too. They had a closeout sale last weekend. FYI, NO RETURNS/NO EXCHANGE POLICY.

Another store is closing in Puyallup, WA. I bought a couple of games for a decent price.

yeah theres is about 15 compusa here in cali that are doin the store closing sale the one near my house has 20-40 percent off everything right now.

This is interesting...
There are 2 near me... I better keep an eye out. :eek:

the one in independence mo is closing also, saw that they had a treo 700w from sprint with 40% off on it.

where can we find the list of all the compusa's that are closing

n/m found the list
Following are the stores that will be closed:
• Store 487 – Roswell, GA
• Store 181 – Lombard, IL
• Store 729 – Irving, TX
• Store 410 – Bloomfield, MI
• Store 393 – Independence, MO
• Store 179 – Del Amo (Torrance, CA)
• Store 180 – Chino Hills (Chino, CA)
• Store 217 – City of Industry, CA
• Store 740 – Beverly (Los Angeles, CA)
• Store 342 – Memphis, TN
• Store 287 – Metro Center (Phoenix, AZ)
• Store 443 – Stevens Creek (San Jose, CA)
• Store 732 – Stonestown (San Francisco, CA)
• Store 764 – South Hill (Puyallup, WA)
• Store 559 – Syracuse, NY

That sucks! But atleast there is one near me. Thanks for posting all locations. Wish they would have put closer to my house, would have went over better, probably.

hmm.. i wonder how far i am from tese stores...

well mapquest here i come!

edit: ..ehh is a 3hour trip to independence worth it...well i guess we'll just have to wait and see what the pay check is going ot be like..

Hey, could you guys who have stores closing near them check the price of the Saitek II keybaord and Logitech MX1000 mouse after the savings? If they're a nice price, I could send you money to pay you back as well as shipping to me.

as time goes on the 40 percent will go up too 50 then 60 and soo on but allot of the good items will be gone by then.

DaVisionz said:
the one here in memphis is closing soon too, they haven't started their sales yet though...

I can't wait for the sales!

so with all those discounts, the parts should cost around msrp, this being compusa :p.

Don't plan on paying with a check if you go there. The one in MO had their check thing shut off a few weeks ago when I was going to get a laptop there.

I went in looking for a hard drive two weeks ago and practically everything in the store had higher prices than a normal Comp USA. They clearly bumped the prices up prior to the markdown. Every shelf I looked at in the store had new price stickers covering older ones. If you live in the area go to Fry's - its only a couple miles away. If you don't live in the area you aren't missing much.

BFG 6600GTs were still $179 when I went sometime in the past few months. Sometimes they do have good deals, but just be forewarned that the B&M prices are not always reasonable.

DarkSide50420 said:

hmm.. i wonder how far i am from tese stores...

well mapquest here i come!

edit: ..ehh is a 3hour trip to independence worth it...well i guess we'll just have to wait and see what the pay check is going ot be like..

Honestly not at this time. I was up there the other day and saw nothing really tempting. I would wait until they discount the items more before making a 3 hour trip.

I got a Lexar Jump drive 2 512mb usb keyfor 18 bucks although I wish I waited a couple days I am sure I would of saved 2 more dollars or something. Anyway it's a descent deal on newegg you can find some off brand 512mb usb keys for $13 but after shipping it iis about $17 so it's nice to not have to wait 4 days for it. Sucks to see it go but it sucked since it was a block away from a Tiger Direct warehouse store so Compusa's price was always beaten.

psychoace said:
Sucks to see it go but it sucked since it was a block away from a Tiger Direct warehouse store so Compusa's price was always beaten.
Don't forget the MicroCenter in Westmont, and the Frys in Downer's Grove. I'm suprised the Compusa in Downer's Grove isn't closing too..

drove by it in a while but i think the syracuse one may be closed, its not on the store locator anymore on their website

DriveEuro said:
Don't forget the MicroCenter in Westmont, and the Frys in Downer's Grove. I'm suprised the Compusa in Downer's Grove isn't closing too..

It is closing. I was there last week. And I marked down a few big ticket items to check pricegrabber.com when I got home, and I have found that you really are not getting a deal... the prices from on-line stores are still the same or cheaper than the items in the store.

DriveEuro said:
It is, but nothing's that cheap. I got a pleather 208 CD wallet for $20ish, although that was just because I was too lazy to buy it online, and I got an Antec Sonata II case for $90 (around $90 at newegg, but $20 to ship).

Although I've never been to the Micro Center, I love the Downer's Grove Fry's and can easily spend hours looking around there.

I'm in Amherst NY, wishin they were closer too, but not wishin for them to close down here... I got some great shit from them on several of their pricing mess-ups :)

my friend told me he went to the fry's in dallas, and just about everything was used/open box, and they never told anyone it was.

i'm not sure how true that is though.

but are there any spectacular prices at CompUSA?

The one in Syracuse got cleaned out quick.

They had a P180 there for 95$. Too bad I just got done modding my Soho :mad:.

DriveEuro said:

Its in Lombard. The um... North side of Butterfield is Lombard, I believe.

Comp USA used to have a sweet location on the corner of Finley and Butterfield, now its that all you can eat meat grill place... Sal Varvao.

Then they moved to the suicide spot, there's no way to get to Comp USA directly from Butterfield, you have to get on it from what... 59? or through the mall.

Fry's opening up was the nail in the coffin for that store. Too bad the Fry's in Downer's Grove went from really nice when it first opened to like... the Aurora of electronic stores. Its still cheap and has a real nice selection, but dealing with the employees there is... blech.

I just noticed the CompUSA out here in San Jose, CA is closing too. On Stevens Creek right by Valley Fair. I'll be checking it out tomorrowish.

Was just @ the Stevens Creek store this evening, there's really nothing on sale. Everything is marked way up. The same speakers that I got for $10 durring the invetory blowout at another location was on sale for $30.

filthysanchez said:
my friend told me he went to the fry's in dallas, and just about everything was used/open box, and they never told anyone it was.

i'm not sure how true that is though.

but are there any spectacular prices at CompUSA?
They've been doing that for years at all Fry's stores...unless you like playing the lottery the only way to make sure you get a brand new mobo at Fry's is to persuade a stock dude to crack open a case in the back storage room and bring you one. There is no such thing as "open box special" or markdown for return items at Fry's.

Back