Computer hangs on post

kmS

Limp Gawd
Specs of PC are in my sig

I came back today from class and tried to wake up my computer normally by wiggling the mouse but the monitor didn't come to life like it usually does. So I think fine, I'll just give it a reboot, and so I manually hit the reset button and it got to my password screen in Vista and when it got there it then froze when I tried inputting my password. Tried another reboot and now it either hangs when the vista bar scrolls for about 10-15 times before it lets me in windows, the bar will just freeze halfway through and the system becomes unresponsive. Either there, or it won't get past my BIOS post little thing where you hit TAB to enter the BIOS, it'll just freeze on that screen. This is just really weird because my computer boots up perfectly fine this morning and I come back from class and it's unresponsive and has now gotten to the point where I cannot get into windows. Do you think my BIOS is halting me from getting in because of some sort of errors? I don't think that is the case as I am getting to the Vista screen but it freezes, so I'm just curious to see if anyone else has had a similar problem and what the solution was.

Specs of PC are in my sig

I came back today from class and tried to wake up my computer normally by wiggling the mouse but the monitor didn't come to life like it usually does. So I think fine, I'll just give it a reboot, and so I manually hit the reset button and it got to my password screen in Vista and when it got there it then froze when I tried inputting my password. Tried another reboot and now it either hangs when the vista bar scrolls for about 10-15 times before it lets me in windows, the bar will just freeze halfway through and the system becomes unresponsive. Either there, or it won't get past my BIOS post little thing where you hit TAB to enter the BIOS, it'll just freeze on that screen. This is just really weird because my computer boots up perfectly fine this morning and I come back from class and it's unresponsive and has now gotten to the point where I cannot get into windows. Do you think my BIOS is halting me from getting in because of some sort of errors? I don't think that is the case as I am getting to the Vista screen but it freezes, so I'm just curious to see if anyone else has had a similar problem and what the solution was.

I tried to read it but I'm too tired.
If you had used paragraphs I would have answered.

Run a Memtest on it, check for memory. Did you have any temp problems on CPU before?

Back