Computer issue, it was working all fine :(

boxterduke

Gawd
Hey guys, I've recently been having a strange problem with my computer.

Its rig2 in my sig.

Computer was running fine the night before and then I just moved it to the other side of the desk and it stopped loading windows.
The computer turns on and fans/psu/cpu fan/video card fan and light are on. When turning it on, It just does not display anything on the screen. The monitor has the amber light and does not go to green like its not getting a signal.

At first I thought the video card so I put in an old gefore 3200ti and the computer turned on just fine. I did not have another pc with an agp slot to test so after a couple of days, I put in the 6800gt in again and the issue happened again. At that point I thought for sure, that the issue is with the video card, so I put in the 3200ti again but had the same issue.

I started messing around and strange thing would happen, if I unplug the mouse, the computer would start. I put it back in and then put the 3200ti and the computer would get the issue. I unplug the floppy and put in the 6800gt and the computer would start and then if I use a different mouse for example, the issue happens.

I think I know what the issue is but before I put it here and steer the thread in that direction, I thought I would see if others have any ideas. One think I know that its not a psu issue since I unplugged everything that is unessessary and just left in one HD, no sound no nic, no additional usb cards and that still did not work.

As of now, the computer has the issue and nothing I do is making it to actually start the monitor (give signal to it). Last night I unplugged everything and just kept the ram/cpu/video card but it did not work. I swapped ram around and unplugged then and tested with 512 each set of ram but with no luck.

Before leaving to work today, I unplugged the cmos battery to see if that does anything.

Any ideas?

Back