Computer on a Budget

roachm

Limp Gawd
I am selling my current system for $2100 in august and since I haven't been keeping up with whats new and which hardware is a smart buy at the moment, I thought I would ask here for some help. I'm looking to spend $1200-1400 could some of you guys help me out here and give me some suggestions on what the system should look like.

I'm looking to go AMD with SLi (one video card for now, but I'd like to know its there for future upgrading.)

Would like to have 2 200GB HDDs SATA.

Also, I would like to leave room in my budget for a Coolermaster Praetorian and some money for modding it a little.

Thanks for those who take time out of their day to help me. It is MUCH appreciated.

- Roachy

I'd also like to mention that I'm in Canada, and I don't think Newegg ships here, so if possible reference to other sites please :D. Sorry for all the demands, its just I don't want to spend money on something I will end up regretting.

So here is a system that I feel fits your needs and wants...All from ZipZoomFly which does ship to Canada.....

AMD 64 3200+ Venice - $190.00 These babys OC to 2.4-2.5Ghz no problem and will save you money vs a 2.4Ghz 4000+ that costs $474.99......

DFI LanParty nF4 SLI-DR - $198.00 Awesome OCing power, nice and stable....

BFG 6800GT OC - $369.00 These have very good performance, I'm a huge fan of BFG, and it has a LIfetime warranty (As long as you dont OC)

2x512MB Mushkin XP3200 - $199.00 These run at 2-2-2 timings. They OC very well according to various Reviews I have read....

Seagate 200GB SATA HDD x2 - $220.00

Antec TruePower 2.0 550W - $109.00 Maybe a little more volts then you need but at least you wont have to worry about having to little, especially when you get your SLI setup going. These are nice reliable PSUs IMO....

TOTAL - $1285.00

You can allocate the rest of your funds for the Case and CD/DVD drives of your choice.... :D

Back