Computer problem?

Moderman

Limp Gawd
Ok I rencently made a new build for my brother so he would stay off my computer.

So I put the computer together. Everything in the right place and in check.

Then when I went to turn it on everything powered up fine ,and the monitor light would be

green then go yellow. The video card and monitor both work fine cause I teseted them on

another rig. Plus the thing wont POST so I cant get a good idea on what to do.

Specs
Intel Cleron 2.4 ghz
512mb of ram
480 Watt psu
Nvidia fx5200 agp
asus mobo

So if anyone knows the problem please help

Moderman

Anyone? Who ever helps me on how to fix it is invited to my Gmod server for a whole day :D

JK

Are all the power connectors on the motherboard filled? The 2x2 P4 plug and whatnot?

In addition to the CMOS and memory slot suggestions, some other things to check:
Backwards floppy or IDE drive cable
Mouse and keyboard connectors swapped
A case standoff where there is no MOBO screw hole
Four pin 12V connector plugged into MOBO

Ok I found the problem and it might be a unfixable one. but it seems that the cpu was put in wrong and when I went to take the cpu out one of the pins broke off :eek:

So I carefully took the pin out thinking I might have a chance still so I put the pin in its correct socket, and still it didn't work.

But while studing the cpu I noticed that all that seemed to hold the pin on the cpu was simple solder

So am I right or basically this things toast.

Any Comments are welcome in this time of need

I'm confused on how you put the cpu in wrong. I've never worked with that cpu, but everyone I've used you couldn't really put it in wrong without forcing it..

I've heard of jewelers being able to put the pins back on... but no clue.

Rofl-Mic-Lofl said:
I'm confused on how you put the cpu in wrong. I've never worked with that cpu, but everyone I've used you couldn't really put it in wrong without forcing it..

I've heard of jewelers being able to put the pins back on... but no clue.

Idk know how the hell I did it either, but im crazy enought to solder it back on
:D

Back