Computer won't boot up, just a black screen. Help very much appreciated

Desolate

Limp Gawd
When I overclocked my 3200+, it would shut down and i'd have to reset the BIOS. I finally came to the conclusion that the PSU couldn't handle the extra power (I think its 350W).

I've been at stock settings for a little while and now I get a blue screen after my computer has been on for about 20 minutes. I think the BSOD was coming up after a certain amount of time. The error code that it gave me said that it could be related to a power issue.

Now, my computer won't boot up, the same way it wouldn't work for a couple of tries when I OC'ed it too much and the PSU couldn't handle it. When that happened, I just reset the BIOS a few times and it would run again fine at stock speeds.

Now, no matter how many times I try to reset the BIOS, the computer turns on but all i get is a black screen.. nothing else.

Any suggestions that I can try?

I know that I'll probably just have to wind up buying another PSU and seeing if it works. I even tried taking out all the USB devices so they weren't using any power, but still I get nothing.

Thanks for the help.

It doesn't sound to me like a PSU issue - Im thinking mobo got damaged during OCing? Did you try to reseat the video card? Or do you have a spare you can put in there to confirm its not a video card issue?

if you have a quality psu (Antec, Enermax, OCZ, Seasonic, etc.) the 350 watts should be suffficient. If you have a cheap psu, then it might not. Do you have a friend that you could borrow a psu from for testing purposes? Other than the psu, the cpu might be damaged from OC'ing. How much did you overclock it? Those are the most likely candidates for the source of you're problem.

edit: standpoint could be right, the mobo could be damaged as well :(

Back