Computer won't even power up for some reason...

DiabloAzul126

Limp Gawd
So I was trying to get my brother's rig to work after he told me it didn't power up.
At first I thought it was just his mediocre PSU crapping out finally, but found that even my replacement PSU I brought with me didn't even get any of the fans to turn over. Basically, at this point, all that happens is after you've switched the power switch on the PSU and then hit the on button for the first time you'll hear a little squeak from the PSU and the diagnostic LED's on the board will blink for about 1/10th of a second, but nothing past that, the fans don't even jitter.
Is it the mobo?
Should I do a cmos clear or what?

I can't think of any logical reason why this would happen, the computer was working fine at my place yesterday, but then he moved it back home and it won't boot at all.
Checked all of the power wiring and nothing out of the ordinary... sigh this is lame. :(

Anyway...
Specs are:
E6400 @3.2GHz <- unstable OC?
Gigabyte EP45-DS3L <- 2 months old? Gone bad?
Enermax Liberty 400w psu <- Blah PSU?
2x2GB OCZ DDR2-800
120GB WD sata drive
and 3 120mm low rpm case fans...

Thanks for any help.. at all.. I can't even narrow this down to what hardware is giving me problems at this point.
=[

I can't think of any logical reason why this would happen, the computer was working fine at my place yesterday, but then he moved it back home and it won't boot at all.
Checked all of the power wiring and nothing out of the ordinary... sigh this is lame. :(

Logically, something obviously happened during transport.

I would re-seat all the cards and ram and double check power cables and sata cables.

Also, check the case to see if the back of mobo tray got bent and is touching the mobo.

I know this sounds stupid, but re-check your power switch connection to your mobo.

Also try and see if there are any blown capacitors

Mainboard is out, i saw computer directly when it turned off self and it was last time i saw it alive. There is no repair option, you need to replace it.

I'd be taking the MB out of the case and start a rebuild on a non-conductive surface.

There is also option that computer has been damaged during transport, that someone could charged it with his/her static power and this caused the mainboard damage and malfunction.

Thanks for all of the suggestions, I suppose its probably some sort of short.. or something >.> I hope. Haha. I'll head back over there and just dismantle the entire thing and see if that helps me solve anything..

So.. update... logic is still lacking here. Nothing was reseated.. nothing was disassembled.. only the front panel USB wires were jiggled. And it turned on. sigh. major success.

And I had disconnected and reseated them yesterday to no avail. So weird.

Back