Computer won't turn on.... again.

enzio

Weaksauce
So, I after doing some troubleshooting with my friend, we thought that it was the motherboard that wasn't working. I RMAd it and received it today. I put together my computer again, but.... again I came to the same problem: Everything turned on, cpu, fans, psu etc. But, the power button on the front of the case did NOTHING. Could this be a problem with the case itself? :confused:

If this is the case, is there any way to turn the computer on in an alternative way?

There are kits you can buy online with short leads for hdd/pwr cmos etc that let you test a motherboard outside of a case.

..or you could bridge the pwr pins with a screwdriver to turn on the system; but becareful and take precautions if you go that route.

How do your fans, psu, etc turn on in the first place before you hit the power switch? That shouldn't be happening. :confused:

You know what, that is a little odd to me as well.

I plug in the power chord to the PSU and then I hit the PSU power switch and everything turns on. Could it be a PSU problem then?

And on another note, I tried using the connectors from another case, and that didn't work either.

The same thing happened to my p3 i tried 3 different psu's, a few video cards,a few different sticks of ram, bios reset, different cpu, in and out of case and still nothing so i gave up and now its under my desk.

If you disconnect all the front panel connectors from the case to your mobo, do the fans still turn on as soon as you switch on the psu?

PSU is the most likely culprit at this point seeing as without the front panel connectors hooked up nothing should be shorting the power on and reset pins on the mobo.

Thanks for the help, I'll try it at my friends house this weekend since he some extra PSUs that we can use to test it out.

Back