Conan O’Brien Now On Twitter

thats just not true. the ratings were an excuse, nobody in their right mind gives a guy a contract 6 years in advance then only allows them 7 months to make things work.

Sports teams do it all the time. You don't produce, you get traded. Breaking a contract will often be cheaper than the opportunity cost of keeping bad talent in a valuable position/time slot.

You think the studios care about anything except the ratings? How do you think they make money? Considering 22 episodes of any other primetime show is a whole season, seven months of crappy talk show ratings is more than enough data to justify rejigging contracts.

Whatever, Ferguson for the win! (But I'll likely just stick with Stewart/Colbert.)

Sports teams do it all the time. You don't produce, you get traded. Breaking a contract will often be cheaper than the opportunity cost of keeping bad talent in a valuable position/time slot.

You think the studios care about anything except the ratings? How do you think they make money? Considering 22 episodes of any other primetime show is a whole season, seven months of crappy talk show ratings is more than enough data to justify rejigging contracts.

Whatever, Ferguson for the win! (But I'll likely just stick with Stewart/Colbert.)

this was nothing like a sports contract. besides, even if a team did give a guy a hefty contract 6 years in advance they sure as hell would give the guy more then one season to pan out. any smart business man would. but conan was never expected to dominate ratings out the gate. he proved his ability through 16 years of apprenticeship, you dont just ignore that.

Craig Ferguson is the best. His show took forever to get HDized.

I don't pity rich people, anyway.

Yeah, I tend to agree that Conan should've been given more of a shot... The key fact that a lot of people are forgetting (even tho it's been mentioned here) is that Leno's new show wasn't doing all that great either (not much on NBC is). Conan had a healthy amount of respect for the job and the franchise, he would've found a way to make it work imo. Who's to say Leno's gonna do any better on his old slot and people won't simply tune out after all the messy press and time slot shuffling? Or that his ratings won't peter out even if he starts out alright? I'm not gonna blame Leno because NBC simply catered way too much to him, it's mostly their fault imo.

Back