Confused on what usb IR works with Harmony

UT-Jackal

Limp Gawd
I've have a Harmony 550 laying around the house that i don't use because 99% of my tv use is via the HTPC. I was wondering what i would need to use it with my HTPC. I know it would be some sort of IR dongle, but not sure what kind would be needed.

Programs i'd use it for:
WMC, PowerDVD, possibly XBMC, and rarely iTunes.

Thanks

I've have a Harmony 550 laying around the house that i don't use because 99% of my tv use is via the HTPC. I was wondering what i would need to use it with my HTPC. I know it would be some sort of IR dongle, but not sure what kind would be needed.

Programs i'd use it for:
WMC, PowerDVD, possibly XBMC, and rarely iTunes.

Thanks

I have the same remote and use it with media center daily. Any IR receiver should do. I use the microsoft one.

the microsoft version that comes with their remotes work fine. Try ebay? People will buy a new remote if they break there's and then have a spare receiver to part with.

IrDA is for networking/data transfer between devices. It doesn't accept signals from a remote control. Ideally, getting a microsoft receiver will be your best bet. I wish Logitech would make a bluetooth Harmony remote so you can connect to PC or PS3 without having to have an infrared receiver.

I have the same remote and use it with media center daily. Any IR receiver should do. I use the microsoft one.

If he's using MC then he needs to use an MCE IR receiver since MC won't work with anything else, it needs to be an RC6 receiver.

Back