Connecting HD satellite receiver

tokey

Supreme [H]ardness
I am want to set up my dish network hd-dvr to my home theater so i can intergrate my home theater onto my pc, is there a tuner card with a hdmi in that i can get for my pc it needs to either be pci-e 1x 4x or regular pci, or it could even be a stand alone box, any ideas?

Won't work. No HDCP on that card.

Wait for the Hauppauge HD-PVR to come out the end of may.

i was wondering about that. i e-mailed the company and am waiting a reply. i dont want to use it as a pvr or anything since i already have a dvr and an external 1tb drive connected to it, but sometimes i would like to watch tv while working on my pc, and if this allows the video to be displayed in a window on my desktop that would be perfect, and if i hook my pc up to the dvi port on my tv i could usemy tv or monitor to watch tv / get work done. we will see what happens. again like i said i just want to veiw hd content from my receiver on my pc, dont need pvr functions or tv tuner abilities, just want to capture the video

No HDCP = no video output from the DISH box to that card, which means no video under any circumstances, ever.

Back