Connecting to two computers to one LCD Monitor

sockie

n00b
The LCD monitor I want has a DVI and a standard VGA connector, so I wanted to connect two PC's to it.

Can that be done? And will it work?

I'm looking at only using one computer at the time and sharing the LCD monitor between them.

Got to get rid of this old 21" CRT but can't afford two LCD's, I'm too pov. :D

yes but you will have to switch back and forth, u probably cant do side-by-side or picture-in-picture

yes but you will have to switch back and forth, u probably cant do side-by-side or picture-in-picture

But I won't actually have to plug and unplug will I? I thought that maybe the LCD will detect a signal and just run with it. Since I'm looking at attaching two computers to the one LCD but only using one computer at a time... That should work, right? :(

But I won't actually have to plug and unplug will I? I thought that maybe the LCD will detect a signal and just run with it. Since I'm looking at attaching two computers to the one LCD but only using one computer at a time... That should work, right? :(

you can switch inputs

Ok I just want to say that the LCD you listed is like 450 dollars, which is plenty of money to buy two nice LCD's (look at the Hanns-G 19" WS, I had one and it was great) Unless there is some reason you really only need to use one computer at a time....in that case why do you have two computers?

I would imagine the Samsung would have that capability. Any NEC model has a "select" button on the front of the monitor that can toggle between 2 or 3 PC's depending on the monitor.

I'm running two computers on one monitor. All I have to do is hit the input button and it switches between the two.

Dell 1907FP is the monitor.

I'm running two computers on one monitor. All I have to do is hit the input button and it switches between the two.

Dell 1907FP is the monitor.

Great! I thought there must be a function like that! Then it would save me buying a KVM switch.

Thanks for all the help everyone! :cool:

Back