Connecting x-fi xtrememusic to tv...

Dr. X

Supreme [H]ardness
Pretty simple here, just that these dual purpose connectors are confusing me. I just want like a line out to my tv from the x-fi. I have my headphones plugged into the first speaker out port, what should I use to go to the tv?

edit: and on an unrelated note, because I didn't want to make another thread, under the audio console how do I keep headphones selected under the speaker tab? It keeps switching back to 2.1 speakers by itself.

Use a 1/8" mini stereo to dual RCA cable from the Line-1 port.

You can unsync the CL speaker settings so the games won't change it.

Hmm...then I guess my problem is that I don't want to have to unplug my headphones from the back of the computer every time I want to watch a movie on the tv. I guess there is no way to get around this unless I use a splitter in which case audio will be going to both the headphones and tv. I have the proper cable though.

An audio A/B box would suffice if you need to have onlyone at a time. Then again, your TV mute button works too. :)

Chastity said:
An audio A/B box would suffice if you need to have onlyone at a time. Then again, your TV mute button works too. :)

Well, I don't have speakers attached to my computer, just headphones, and I don't want to use headphones to watch a movie on the tv.

Dr. X, I think what Chastity is saying is a little "switch". This mean you connect your line out of your audio card into the switch. Just one cable. From the switch, you can then connect both the Headphones to an output, and have another cable for the TV for an output.

With this switch, you simply select which device gets the audio signal........ eaither the TV or the headphones.

If your skillfull, you could build yourself one of these...... or have someone else do it. It might be hard to find a prebuilt one that fits your needs. maybe something like this

~Hope this helps

I enable my onboard motherboard audio for my T.V. I game with my x-fi and then just change over to the onboard via the control panel when I watch a DVD from my pc to my tv.

Back