Connections...

so_cal_forever

[H]ard|Gawd
Alright, I got my new speaks. Tommorow, I'll be terminating speaker wire and giving them a test-run with the crap Sony CD deck I have hooked to it. Now, my question:

I can connect these pins:

Pins-1.jpg

into these connectors:

Connects-1.jpg

Correct? If not, I can buy some different connectors, no problem. I saw a way that might work, but I thought I'd get the straight poop before I did anything.

BTW, sorry for the crappy pics.

Pics are to blurry to tell. Althought he speakers look like they don't require jacks.

those things should unscrew on the speakers revealing holes. you'd stick them in and lock them back down. I'm not certain though, but this is the way it should be

Vulcanus said:
does that look like banana plugs and RCA jacks to anyone else? :confused:

Yeah, the first pic looks like banana plugs and the 2nd RCA jacks to me too. I think you need a mini -> RCA cable or RCA -> RCA cable, depending what your CD deck outputs.

Gah, sorry. The connectors are just regular pins which I'll attach to speaker wire. The connector spots on the back of the speaker screw off. They do reveal a notch towards the back, which I assume could be used to secure the pins by twisting the nobs down on them?

Hmm, I guess I'll just have to give my theory a shot. If it doesnt work then I'll do some step-b'ing. ;)

Back