Conroe @ 4.0 Ghz (Both Cores enabled)

cupholder2.0

Limp Gawd
All credit to coolaler

4000_1M.gif

Amazing, go Conroe and Core Architecture!

12.6s in SuperPI is definitely impressive.

Yeah, that Conroe starts to look nothing less than amazing and seems to be a heck of an overclocker to sport.

Will be very interesting to see the production versions and how much it would cost to upgrade to a Conroe system.
The future looks very interesting indeed.

Core Architecture = what Intel should have done since the Pentium 3 to begin with. That said, kudos to Intel!

wow, those are some impressive numbers, i am really starting to think that the new rig i build in january will be based around a conroe CPU

I <3 Amd, but with numers like this I am ready to jumpship ;)

Amazing results!
Could you also publish your CPU validation ID(CPU-Z ->about ->validation)?

Thanks

Hmm this irks me. My cpu seems to like staying at 46 second for 1m super pi no matter what. I guess thats a limitation of the 805 or something. Perhaps I should get that instead...

-_- least my opty 146 hit 35 seconds when my board still worked...

46 seconds on an 805 even after OC?
And 42 sounds slow for a 940 (stock) also. My 950 @ 3.7 does 29s

Anyway 12s on conroe :), just amazing. Cant wait for one.

What memory will do that.....those timings are awesome.
I want some

sparks

liquid nitrogen/dry ice?

from what ive seen, most of these samples get fairly close to 3ghz on air?

Obi_Kwiet said:
Well, these are engineering samples. Those always get crazy high clocks.

On the contrary... It's been proven time and time again, as a given processor manufacture technique matures and yields become better (read CPU Stepping), they also experience a much better overclocking potential. So to be fair, all these early Conroe ES samples are just a good preview of what is coming our way, but by no means is a final word on how high these CPU's will eventually go... :eek: ;)

Mike

Any word on when they are comming out? and how much they'll retail for?

Shhhh

Awesome, I wish I could afford it. The only thing I'll be upgrading in January is my video card for Windows Vista and DX10.

What's the cooling on that thing?

best i have done with my pentium m is 23sec and thats pushing it. NICE OP

HOLY shit I viewed that thread like a week or so ago and thought that was the highest he was going to go (since he couldnt adjust vcore) OMG

I think we will need a new benchmark pretty soon-- The Conroe just stomped the SuperPi.

Back