Conroe may tip up motherboardless

Bao01

Limp Gawd
From the Inquirer:

...Intel only shipped the first quantity of P965 chipsets two weeks ago and now the motherboard manufacturers, including the top one, are struggling to make the boards on time.

Intel already said that the new i975 revision of boards will support Conroe CPUs but Intel recommends, and sent out a reviews kit, with its latest, greatest P965 chipset.

There are only a few weeks left before the official introduction and the motherboard manufacturers are playing against time, as it takes up to two weeks to transport the final boards from China to Euroland and the USA. The big shipments of boards are always transported by boat as the plane costs too much...

This time, Fuad could well be right. Motherboard makers would have real reason to say they did not expect Intel to crank out so many Conroes. No, it's not because they're too slow out the door, uh really. They weren't prepared! Now, they are....Don't buy the Intel boards which will be like everywhere, dude. Uh, wait a few more weeks or months and ECSASROCKJETWAYGODKNOWSWHOELSE will really crank out mobo's on the cheap. Uh, buy up the Conroes. Just don't buy the motherboards...yet.

Bao01 said:
This time, Fuad could well be right.
Um, he managed to mangle month old news: http://news.com.com/2061-10791_3-6080213.html

news from June 6 said:
The P965 chipset, code-named Broadwater, will connect the chip maker's upcoming Conroe processor to the rest of a PC's motherboard. Intel's chief salesman, Anand Chandrasekher, will announce Tuesday at Computex in Taipei that the P965 is shipping to Intel's partners about a month before Conroe is expected to launch.

So let's see... Intel shipped P965 chipsets to manufacturers about a month before Conroe release (which is about 2 weeks ago) as scheduled and Fuad has a problem with it. There are other chipsets that support Conroe from Intel, not to mention VIA, ATI and nvidia. :rolleyes: That guy is just plain retarded.

wickedld9 said:
I don't think it was 965's shipped to the reviewers.
This kit includes:
Intel Core 2 Extreme processor X6800
– 2.93 GHz dual core processor
– 1066 FSB
– 4MB unified L2 cache
– Intel Virtualization TechnologyΔ
– Execute Disable Bit*
– Intel Extended Memory 64 Technology (Intel EM64T)Φ
Intel Desktop Board D975XBX featuring the Intel 975X Express Chipset with Intel® I/O Controller Hub 7 (ICH7R) supporting
– Intel LGA775 socket processors, including new Intel Core 2 Duo and Intel Core 2 Extreme processors
– 1066 & 800 Front Side Bus speeds
– One PCI Express* x16 graphics support with an optional configuration of 2 x 8 graphics support
– Intel® Hi-Definition Audio with 7.1 surround sound
– Dolby* PC Entertainment Experience
– Six PCI Express x1 support
– DDR2-667 / -533 support
– 8 GB total memory support with ECC capability
– Advanced memory timing capability
– Four Serial ATA ports (3 Gb/s)
– Intel® Matrix Storage Technology supporting RAID 0, 1, 5, 10 and Advanced Host Controller Interface (AHCI)
– Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI)
– Intel® PRO/1000 LAN
Intel Core 2 Duo processor E6700
– 2.66 GHz dual core processor
– 1066 FSB
– 4MB unified L2 cache
– Intel Virtualization TechnologyΔ
– Execute Disable Bit*
– Intel Extended Memory 64 Technology (EM64T)Φ
Intel Core 2 Extreme processors Product Brief
Intel Core 2 Duo processor Product Brief
Intel P965 Express Chipset Product Brief
ATI* CrossFire* Graphics Flyer
NVIDIA* SLI* Technology Flyer
:shiftyeyes:

pxc said:
So let's see... Intel shipped P965 chipsets to manufacturers about a month before Conroe release (which is about 2 weeks ago) as scheduled and Fuad has a problem with it. There are other chipsets that support Conroe from Intel, not to mention VIA, ATI and nvidia. :rolleyes: That guy is just plain retarded.

Well, you might know better than me. How long would you guestimate it would take for mobo makers to get motherboards into the hands of retailers from the time they receive the chipsets? I'm thinking a little more than the month in any large quantity. The have to have some ramp-up time. Aren't a lot of these things still labor-intensive?

I know the Intel boards are getting sweeter. But, they also tend to cost more.

All I can say is... fuck you, Fuad. If you don't have news, then shut the hell up instead of just making something up.

No offense to the OP, btw.

Rishi M. said:
All I can say is... fuck you, Fuad. If you don't have news, then shut the hell up instead of just making something up.

No offense to the OP, btw.

None taken :) I actually learned something new from pxc's posting. I haven't been reading all the news recently and the fact that p965 chipsets will be 90nm is awesome news. Anyway, I know there's a lot of animosity towards FUaD because of his graphics ramblings. Once in a while, I do seriously consider what he has say. Maybe this isn't one of his brighter ideas.

Monkey_feces said:
I will never buy a $100+ item from newegg because they are like the only online retailer that charges taxes in California.
Every online retailed based in CA charges tax in CA. :p That's why I buy from Monarch, Z-Buy and Directron more often than Newegg, buy.com and dozens of other large CA-based online stores.

Wait another week and you'll probably see several more 965 models appear.

Back