CONROE ON INTEL 975x!! ooo_000!!!

Bona Fide said:
The list of 975X boards that support Conroe is basically any 975X board manufactured after January 2006. I get the feeling that the new nForce chipsets will also support Conroe.

yes maby so but it has also been my experience that nforce chipsets arent always friendly wiht intel processors.... i have a friend that bought the a bit board with LGA775 with the NF4 chipset and its not stable at all if you oc at all...

chrisf6969 said:
There's only one that definitely does.....
Intel BOXD975XBXLKR motherboard revision 303 or later. (or it might be 301 or higher)

Thats the motherboard that was used in any reviews / PR information around. Its supposedly just a had a few minor changes on the motherboard to support it. Not a new PCB, just a few solderings and a BIOS flash.

People are guessing that the Asus & Gigabyte will support it b/c those boards are usually built overspec'd to start with, so they will probably have the necessary voltages / VRM to support Conroe. BUT those are not definite.... yet.

I think it might be revision 3.01 or later.. at least from another source I've come across. I hope that is the case. My Intel "Bad Axe" is revision 3.02 :D

Bona Fide said:
The list of 975X boards that support Conroe is basically any 975X board manufactured after January 2006. I get the feeling that the new nForce chipsets will also support Conroe.

I think that only pertains to the Intel boards, as the VRM before the rev. 30x does not support conroe. I believe for the Asus and Gigabyte, as long as the VRM can handle it, they should all support conroe. The over spec'd boards made by Asus in the 865 and 875 days are the reason why Asus could release the pentium m adaptor.

DJ_007 said:
yes maby so but it has also been my experience that nforce chipsets arent always friendly wiht intel processors.... i have a friend that bought the a bit board with LGA775 with the NF4 chipset and its not stable at all if you oc at all...

All Nforce Intel boards are piss poor overclockers....

Maximus825 said:
Dude, seriously, it's been said MANY times in this thread... We DON'T know!
ahhhh, shiz....well, ill have to wait then, its gonna be a boring, long, ubern00ber wait...

any see this...?

google translated.. eek.. so it makes sense and all... just funny to read ;)
http://translate.google.com/transla...html&prev=/search?q=975X+AND+Conroe&hl=en&lr=

Tsing Wun beyond the first paragraph Intel 975X support Conroe
PCPOP.COM March 22, 2006 Type : original author : Zhangchaowei Editor : Zhangchaowei

We all know that Intel currently markets its own group of the most high-end chips on a 975X, but a souvenir chips Group Although high specifications, but could not support the latest Intel processors to be issued Conroe for many players disappointed, Intel move to complain successively, but today Tsing Wun The newly introduced section of the 975X chip group Main Board Through Tsing Wun Main Board Architects efforts type Main Board Can support Conroe processors, and we look at moving together.

Taiwan Main Board Manufacturer Tsing Wun Although the 975X product long overdue, but the PX975 has thus generated the first piece of global support Conroe processors 975X Main Board All because they have already taken the lead in the processor design by VRM power supply module upgrade to version 9 VRM 11, and will be used PX975 Digital PWM seven modules of electricity, will provide stable electricity Power In the processors, reducing the traditional power supply module voltage fluctuation caused by the system becomes unstable, but does not require the use of traditional Digital PWM higher volume of liquid for Chu spread filter capacitance role, and therefore will not be affected by long-term use or high-temperature operation of the capacitance of a length victory.

Tsing Wun PX 975 Main Board
PX975 changed Tsing Wun More plain style, chip groups Radiator HeatPipe use technology and traditional Back Panel - up heat release Qipian for processors at the same time can Qipian air currents blowing out the heat away. In function, Tsing Wun PX975 very rich, joined Silicon Image SiI3132+3726 the Main Board The Hard disks Support to 10 SATA and six PATA support IEEE1394A and Gigabit Ethernet. Another special attraction is their support for dual - Power Supply devices, according to Albatron product manager Louis Shen said two 350W Power Compared to a 700W Power Cheaper, and therefore support dual PX975 Power The two low export Power Portfolio% support X1900XT CrossFire.

Bubble vision : Intel975X chip performance group, Yes, the specifications are met current high level, but Intel's marketing strategy since, most high-end Intel chip This group is not able to support Intel Conroe processors will be launched this Tsing Wun PX975 Main Board Although listed slower than many other manufacturers, but the group had to give up a chip Intel975X fatal wounds, visible Tsing Wun R & D strength is still quite good, worthy purchase.

Everyone needs to relax. Until we get an official announcement we just won't know for sure.

Tetrahedron said:
any see this...?

google translated.. eek.. so it makes sense and all... just funny to read ;)
http://translate.google.com/transla...html&prev=/search?q=975X+AND+Conroe&hl=en&lr=

So I think it says something like the Conroe supporting boards will use 7-phase mosfets to give a more stable supply of juice to the chips with out overheating. And that the Conroe needs VRM version 11, instead of version 9 ?

Still doesn't make sense as I know a Pentium D, especially at 4Ghz is going to put a lot more stress on the power mosfets than any Conroe. Especially, when you look at the wattage the chips use.

The Doc said:
Everyone needs to relax. Until we get an official announcement we just won't know for sure.

I think this is going to be just like Prescott support on old Northwood boards, technically they're not "officially" supported, but with name brand mobos, with manual voltage adjustment you can run them fine. So I think, we'll need to wait & hear from some people who get some Conroe sample chips who actually drop them in & try them out.

Forgot to say:

If you look at the above link to the PCN, you'll notice Intel is expecting to ship -304 in mid-April. Unless you really believe Asus, DFI, or whoever is able to beat Intel to the punch, don't buy a motherboard until well after then. Believe me, if Asus or any other brand supports Conroe, they would be the first to slap a loud sticker on it saying "CONROE Support" or "Future CPU OK!"

http://developer.intel.com/design/pcn/MTHRBRD/D1060560.pdf said:
Product Change Notification

Description of Change to the Customer:
1. Updated to the 0618 BIOS.
2. Added support for future processor architectures. Added ten
resistors and two capacitors to the bill of materials.

So it just takes 10 resistors & 2 capacitors to make 975 work with Conroe.

So 04/16/2006 = Conroe supported 975X Intel boards and 04/24/2006 = C1 stepping Pentium D 900 series. Bah! I am sick of waiting...I have all my new computer components just waiting for the motherboard and CPU....and maybe the PPU.

I bet I will be waiting until the end of April, buy the motherboard, and then Intel will release the 985X =(,,,

So, how would I tell Newegg I want the Intel board with a TA or AA of D27094-304? Is this printed on the box from Intel? or do they have to open up the box and read the sticker on the board???

mike_j_johnson said:
So 04/16/2006 = Conroe supported 975X Intel boards and 04/24/2006 = C1 stepping Pentium D 900 series. Bah! I am sick of waiting...I have all my new computer components just waiting for the motherboard and CPU....and maybe the PPU.

I bet I will be waiting until the end of April, buy the motherboard, and then Intel will release the 985X =(,,,

So, how would I tell Newegg I want the Intel board with a TA or AA of D27094-304? Is this printed on the box from Intel? or do they have to open up the box and read the sticker on the board???

It should be on the side of the box also. Mine shows the revision on the side of the box, as well as on the motherboard.

northrop said:
Will i985X support all Conroe chips or just the EE?
why would the i985x support just the EE and not the regular conroe. and a search on google reveals nothing about the i985x. it will probably come out but not for a while.

Back