Do you prefer Core 2 Duo or Conroe

• Core 2 Duo

Votes: 25 31.6%
  • Conroe

Votes: 54 68.4%

• Total voters

inscape01

Limp Gawd
When I talk about the Conroe at work I call it a Conroe and not a Core 2 Duo. What about you guys, what do you refer to it as? Core 2 Duo just sounds lame to me, Pentium 5 would have sounded a lot better. Even if they called it Core, that wouldn't sound bad and they can call the mobile version Core M.

Core 2 Duo sounds better than Conroe, and a hell of a lot better than Pentium 5.

I'm currently calling it a "Core 2" like on the box.

But by next week, it's just another 'cpu'

Depends who I'm talking to: co-workers, customers, or friends.

Wait, I guess it doesn't really depend: "that awesome new Intel chip." :( (I work at CompUSA, and don't have any techie buddies.) In my head, though, it's Conroe.

i refer to it as Core 2 Duo considering only the 6600, 6700 and 6800's are actually Conroe and below them are Allendales. Saying C2D encompasses all of them where as if i said they are all Conroe's id be incorrect.

I preffer Conroe. I feel retarded saying Core 2 Duo.

I always thought it was Core Duo 2...

I call them conroe, all of them. When P4 came out, and you talked to non-techies, it was P4. But online with other techs it was Williamette, Northwood, Prescott, etc.

Allendale is essentially conroe with 2mb instead, so who cares.

I like C2D.. conroe just sounds like canoe and salmon roe combined.. but different. It kinda sounds ghey to me.

Let me illustrate..

canoe.jpg
+
Roe-Red280.gif
=
bulldoze21.jpg

Conroe is easier to say, and is kind of cool as people know you aren't talking to a newb when you say it, but Core 2 Duo sounds better as the end product and gives a sense of security and officialness :p

I prefer Conroe, but most of my friends ARE not "in the know" so I tell them I got a new Core2 system. Core 2 Duo, just sounds redundant and stupid.

I don't get it, they didn't want to call it Pentium 5, b/c it was rendundant.

Pent = 5 so 5 5.... (like Pentagram, Pentagon, etc)

but they will call it "...2 Duo"

What was wrong with Hexium (Core/Yonah) ? Then Hexium 2 (Core 2/Conroe)

I always use the codenames over the stupid real names lol.

Coppermine and Northwood were my favorites :)

w1retap said:
I like C2D.. conroe just sounds like canoe and salmon roe combined.. but different. It kinda sounds ghey to me.

Let me illustrate..

canoe.jpg
+
Roe-Red280.gif
=
bulldoze21.jpg

Uhh.... huhhh.......

Well, anyways, I like C2D.
C2D > Core 2 Duo > Conroe

Since I live in Conroe Tx. I refer to it as Conroe..Now if I could only get Intel to give me one for allowing them to use our city name...LOL

Back