Conroe SFF.

u8myrice

2[H]4U
I want to build a SFF PC that will sit on my table. Is it possible to put a conroe (with good cooling for mid-level overclocking) and maybe a X1900XT? If it does, how long will it take for this SFF build to be released?

which one is recommended (meaning stable with oc options) and available now?

none... wait a couple of weeks then you'll have some good options.

I plan on building a Conroe SFF system as well. :D

My search for mATX mobos supporting Conroe has proved to be unfruitfull, therefore I have decided to just cram in an ATX board. (Check out Votey's Qpack mod ) It's going to be watercooled as well, all internally, hopefully :eek: although I don't plan on having an internal cd/dvd drive so I should have "plenty" of space.

I'm using an Ultra Microfly (~1" deeper than Qpack and only $59.95 @ Performance-PCS.com ) for the case, and if I can physically cram it in a double rad... Ideally it will be so cramped inside that dust cannot make its way in, due to a lack of room :D

mattro said:
Not sure that is a decent conroe board there. 2 rams slot and PCI express x4????
Maybe for a low end system. I'd love to see a higher end ASUS conroe board though.
What part of my post led you to believe I thought that was a good board? :confused:

You forgot the lowly 800fsb support, no OC options and the 20-pin ATX header. It's as though they tried to make that board suck as much as possible and it's still not even that cheap!

whrswoldo said:

My search for mATX mobos supporting Conroe has proved to be unfruitfull, therefore I have decided to just cram in an ATX board. (Check out Votey's Qpack mod ) It's going to be watercooled as well, all internally, hopefully :eek: although I don't plan on having an internal cd/dvd drive so I should have "plenty" of space.

I'm using an Ultra Microfly (~1" deeper than Qpack and only $59.95 @ Performance-PCS.com ) for the case, and if I can physically cram it in a double rad... Ideally it will be so cramped inside that dust cannot make its way in, due to a lack of room :D
I was thinking about that route... what's the point of going with a smallish case is you have an external CD-ROM? That's like... cheating! I would still like to see what you come up with. I was going through some interesting options this weekend.

sleepeeg3 said:
I was thinking about that route... what's the point of going with a smallish case is you have an external CD-ROM? That's like... cheating! I would still like to see what you come up with. I was going through some interesting options this weekend.

I currently have 3 computers with CD/DVD-ROM drives, and 2 with CD/DVD burners as well; I really don't want/need any more stinkin drives. :p In a given month, I might burn a CD 2 or 3 times, and occasionally a DVD, however I can always use another system. The only reason I'd need one at all would be to install windows and games/software. It just seemed like an easy way to free up some space. :)

whrswoldo said:

Doable, seen it done on a qpack and I did it to my sg01.

I want someone to do MITX conroe. I am thinking about doing that next with an AM2 system.

mITX would be cool, if you didn't have to sacrifice overclocking and gaming and sell a liver to pay for it...

sleepeeg3 said:
mITX would be cool, if you didn't have to sacrifice overclocking and gaming and sell a liver to pay for it...

you could probably trade for a gallon of gas

*sigh* mITX will be affordable eventually... if people still need desktops/carputers in the future.

any boards coming out w/ a decent onboard video (something comparable to the integrated 6150 on the amd boards)?

Soymilk said:
any boards coming out w/ a decent onboard video (something comparable to the integrated 6150 on the amd boards)?

I thought the AM2 miTX has a PCI-E slot.

Steeeeve said:
I thought the AM2 miTX has a PCI-E slot.
im talking about the s939 boards, i'm kinda debating between a x2 3800 and the conroe e6300, conroe's gonna win if theres a board that can oc and has integrated video comparable to the 6150 on the amd boards. of course i still need a pci-e slot too for a video card upgrade in the future :p

FooTemps said:
Doable, seen it done on a qpack and I did it to my sg01.

Were you referring to the entire post? I am a little concerned about how much internal depth there is in the microfly/a qpack, as I would prefer to use a double radiator. If you have any info I'd be much obliged :D

sleepeeg3 said:
What part of my post led you to believe I thought that was a good board? :confused:

You forgot the lowly 800fsb support, no OC options and the 20-pin ATX header. It's as though they tried to make that board suck as much as possible and it's still not even that cheap!

Sorry, I missed that line about otherwise it is total crap.

No worries. ;)

You know, I don't see how you would fit a dual 120mm RAD in 2 x 5 1/4 bay. Even on my Jpac that would go about 1/2" past my PSU and I have another inch to spare over an X-QPack. In fact, I don't see any place inside the case that it would be doable. Unless you did it across the top of the case and hacked into the 3.5" hard drive area, that's the only way I can see it working.

sleepeeg3 said:
You know, I don't see how you would fit a dual 120mm RAD in 2 x 5 1/4 bay. Even on my Jpac that would go about 1/2" past my PSU and I have another inch to spare over an X-QPack. In fact, I don't see any place inside the case that it would be doable. Unless you did it across the top of the case and hacked into the 3.5" hard drive area, that's the only way I can see it working.

Exxxxactly ;) the CD-ROM bays and HD rack will be gone, HD will be moved to other side. It'll fit :D (Maybe? :confused: )

u8myrice said:
Can't you mount the radiator OUTSIDE? IE. behind the PSU or that 120mm blowhole?
no reason why you can't, just there'll be stuff external to the case and the tubes leading to/from it.

Back