Conroe Shuttle????

Hi,

Will there be a conroe shuttle (preferably running the nvidia core logic)

Becasue I saw on some websites previews of the sn27p2 conroe version, but running an ATI chipset, and two pcie16x slots, and I only need one (dislike crossfire!!!)

I am looking to get a new pc in september/october....any ideas???

f

There will be a non-crossfire one eventually. Try emailing Shuttle and asking them.

Umm, the SN27P2 is AMD socket AM2. The SN37P2 is the Intel chipset Shuttle for Conroe processors. Not ATI chipset, Intel. It does have 2 x16 slots and supports crossfire, but who fricken cares? Put a 7950GX2 in there if you want SLI. :rolleyes:

He doesn't like SLI either. He likes normal boards with expansion slots.

OP, I am sure there will be one. nVidia onboard solutions suck for now, but we shall see. 965 will probably be the best solution.

Wow, you want to cram a Conroe in a Shuttle? Are you planning to burn a hole clean thru the Earth?

lmao

Megadeth_Guy01 said:
Wow, you want to cram a Conroe in a Shuttle? Are you planning to burn a hole clean thru the Earth?

lmao

:confused: Conroe = cool running chip....what planet have you been on for the past 6 months?

As for wanting expansion slots...you know you can put a PCI-E x1 card into a PCI-E x16 slot right? So there isn't much harm in having two x16 slots since they are much more versatile. IF only they would start releasing more PCI-E expansion cards.....

the 6800 ultra sli is what I have now, but beginning college, so want nice portable jobby.

Will have e6600 (cool running chip), with 2gb ram and a 7900gt/g80gt, with an x-fi or a tv card.

So I want a conroe chipset with pcie16x and a pci slot.

thanks for interest, but does anyone know when it is coming out? (need to buy and build in october when my college starts.

f

Shuttle AFAIK has not said anything about Conroe models beyond the SN37P2. If you can wait until October though, I would bet that you would see another Conroe Shuttle by then. Whether it will have a PCI slot is anyone's guess. The real question is, why the hell doesn't SB have a PCIe X-Fi?

Err, sorry... SD37P2... I have been corrected. (I have previously incorrectly called it the SN37P2).

Did your reply allude to the SD37P2 being a follow on Conroe model (rather than a typo on my part), or that there is some reference in the article that suggests there are to be other Shuttles supporting the Conroe shortly? I didn't see any kind of statement to that effect in the article... but then again, it is late... zzz

canislupy said:
Err, sorry... SD37P2... I have been corrected. (I have previously incorrectly called it the SN37P2).

Did your reply allude to the SD37P2 being a follow on Conroe model (rather than a typo on my part), or that there is some reference in the article that suggests there are to be other Shuttles supporting the Conroe shortly? I didn't see any kind of statement to that effect in the article... but then again, it is late... zzz

I believe they're two different Shuttles...I believe one has 2 PCI-E x16 and the other has just one.

Back