Contemplating a new Case, help appreciated. (WATERCOOLED)

avddreamr

Gawd
Currently i'm using a Coolermaster ATCS 840, and while it's fine, it annoys me that it sticks out so much, and that cable management is a bitch... and that I can't place a larger radiator on the top.

So i'm thinking the following.
Lian-Li PCX series, since they are relatively shallow, and I can front mount a 140.3,
I'm also considering FT-02, since I can raise it to clear the lower part of my desk, and depth will not be an issue.

Desk is west elm cadman (2x 48")

Although buying a PC-X series appears to be cost prohibitave.

Any other suggestions will be appreciated, and for those that have ravens or fortress's that have water cooled, how effective are those magic cool radiators with the stock fans?

At most my setup may become gtx670sli + 2600k, but for now it's just a evga gtx670ftw with ek-680 block, and an xspc rasa that is going into this build.

Further since to mount that radiator on the floor of the silverstone fortress I'll have to give up the hdd cage, what options are available that will allow me to mount 4x3.5 drives, and still remain quiet.

I primarily water cool for silence, overclocking is just a fringe benefit.

Further since to mount that radiator on the floor of the silverstone fortress I'll have to give up the hdd cage, what options are available that will allow me to mount 4x3.5 drives, and still remain quiet.

Then just get the 2x180mm radiator instead of the 3x180. No HDD cage removal required. That's what I did and it's plenty of cooling power for my CFX 7970s and i5 3570k.

Then just get the 2x180mm radiator instead of the 3x180. No HDD cage removal required. That's what I did and it's plenty of cooling power for my CFX 7970s and i5 3570k.
Really?

What speeds are you running the fans at? What are your temps? If you don't mind me asking?

Really?

What speeds are you running the fans at? What are your temps? If you don't mind me asking?

7970s at 1200MHz @ 1.225V and 1.235V. Card 1 (the one with the lower voltage ironically) runs at 43C and card 2 runs at 41C while gaming with a 22C ambient. 180mm fans set to 950rpm.

Wow, I might be able to get away with 700 rpm with a single card that consumes less power, well I guess I know what my next case is going to be. Now time to put my atcs840 and another case up for sale. :)

Back